I have HAD IT with people

FoolishMan

Sorry people, this is going to be a rant!! People always seem to do this to me and I don't know why. It annoys the absolute bo11ocks off me.

Been trying to meet a friend for a while now. Answer is always yeah, we should soon but there is NO initiative. I (did) value their friendship as it has gone back a number of years and I took the initiative by giving date options. They accepted but did say they needed to check their work schedule.

Didn't hear from them for the week by which time, I had already given up hope of a meet up. I got a message at the time we were supposed to meet to say they couldn't come due to a member of staff not turning up that day!!!:confused: Surely, they could have sent me a message earlier! Only take 10 secs ...

I could give the benefit of the doubt but this time :eek::mad::mad:

Still feeling deeply annoyed over 24hrs later.

Edited by FoolishMan
  • Like 1

Give the benefit of the doubt but if it is happening 3/4 times then yeah some serious questions need to be asked.

• Like 1

Sometimes the talk you have to have with them isn't about neglecting you but to find out what is consuming all their time and not leaving them enough time for friends. I have been a person who didn't want to socialize during a depression. Also as you get older, you may truly be working all the time and just be too lazy to go do things and just want to go to bed when you have any spare time. I'm almost there now. But I do make time a couple of times a month for lunch with a friend. If the person also has a family, everything becomes very difficult. So next time you do get together, open the subject: You seem like you're really busy all the time, man. Everything going okay? And remind them balance is important.

• Author

Hi Preraph,

I get what you are saying and I agree. However, as I am their friend and I am making an effort to go see them, I just feel that providing me with some notice would have been nice. I was in the bloody car, almost arriving!

Perhaps it was partly my fault for not calling to confirm night before or the morning. However, when they said, yeah that is a good time barring any work issues, I would have hoped that when they arrived at work first thing, they would have discovered there was a problem and perhaps texted "Cannot make today, sorry, explain later"?? Not when I was mins away from the destination!

It is the timing of the text that really got to me.... I am not having much luck with people, just want to crawl off somewhere and sulk

Edited by FoolishMan
  • Like 1