Is it okay to bring a friend to a high school reunion?

purplesoccer34

purplesoccer34

Our 5-year class reunion is coming up. I'm still best friends with maybe 3 or 4 people from high school, but none of them will be attending. I know a few people who will be going. These people were friends of mine in high school, but I haven't seen them since we graduated. I want go to the reunion so I can see these people again, and maybe make new friends.

I was shy in high school and still kind of am, lol. I'm afraid that I might end up sitting alone with no one to talk to (although this fear might be a bit irrational), so I asked my male best friend if he would come up with me. He said he'd be glad to, and is actually kind of excited about going, lol. He's very social, and I know he'd have no problem making friends.

However, is it the norm to bring a friend who didn't go to high school with you? The organizer of the event said that we should feel free to bring guests or spouses. I know that everyone will think that he's my bf, but really he's just a very good friend of mine. Would it be a good idea to take him along? I'm a bit scared of walking by myself into a room full of people I haven't seen in years!

Edited by purplesoccer34

It will be fine. You are right that the other attendees will think he's your BF or at least your date. Make sure you & he are clear about what his attending with you means & don't worry about the other people.

5 years is still not the good one yet

Bring your friend

gives you someone to talk to when the HS Clicks get together

once you go to your 10 / 15 - -then you see (WOW) that is the changes and everyone becomes normal then