My friend hasn't answered my texts?

I sent my friend a text Wednesday, yesterday and today. I get no response. I didn't say anything to make him mad. And its really not like him to just "ignore" me. Either he's busy/doesn't have his phone with him, his phone broke or just doesn't want to talk to me. Maybe I should just wait. I hate stressing out over these things. Anyone else get get anxiety over this type of thing?

I get horrible anxiety from it.

A while ago, I was going insane thinking my FWB wasn't replying to my texts... It had never happened, so I thought things had changed.

Turns out it was my phone. Was receiving texts. He had replied to every single one and I was freaking out over nothing!

Give your friend a break. Then next week try and call.

whichwayisup
I sent my friend a text Wednesday, yesterday and today. I get no response. I didn't say anything to make him mad. And its really not like him to just "ignore" me. Either he's busy/doesn't have his phone with him, his phone broke or just doesn't want to talk to me. Maybe I should just wait. I hate stressing out over these things. Anyone else get get anxiety over this type of thing?

Don't text again. 3 days in a row is enough.

Maybe he lost his phone or is sick and not in the mood to text anybody.

Try not to stress out, you didn't do anything to make him mad so chances are he's just not into texting right now and it has nothing to do with you.

Let him text you next, try to focus on other friends and keep busy.

The answer to that question is always the same: Stop texting them. Any number of reasons and you can't overlook the big one, which is sometimes people just aren't in the mood for idle chitchat.

Only exception I can think of would be if you know you are listed as someone's emergency contact or something like that and need to be sure they are alive.

melodicintention
Anyone else get get anxiety over this type of thing?

No because I don't use rely on texting, much less use it at all really for anything other than to say I'll be 5 minutes late or whatnot.

If I had sent a text and expected a reply and didn't get it in the time I expected I would pick up the phone and call the person before I would stress out and post on this board to strangers who have no idea what your friend is doing. Why all this fuss? Just use the phone as it was designed for. You are creating all this stress and anxiety for yourself unnecessarily, unless maybe you like that sort of thing?

• Author

I'll just give it a week and then I'll call him. Its not like he sent some nasty message telling me to leave him alone or something.