I feel so bad for what i said? Making a friend feel like a replacement.

PuppetLife

So my friend planned to go somewhere and invited me, but because it has limited places, one of our friend who said she THINKS she probably can't go were excluded. I felt really bad about it, but i promised the other friend I'm going, so I am going. But then one of the friend who said she's going told me she can't make it, and so when that friend who were excluded call me, i ask her if she can come. I didn't tell her that someone can't go because it's not my place to say that. But i ask her if she can, she said she can't because there aren't enough places. And then i said maybe someone will drop out. And after i said that, I feel horrible because the way i said it sounds like i'm say she is a replacement. And then when the friend who organise it confirm me that the girl is actually dropping out i ask her if we should tell the girl who got excluded. But she said it's better not to tell the other girl because it's mean to make her feel like she can only come when there is an extra place.

And so now i feel extremely bad for saying that, for making her feel like a replacement, and putting her hopes up, and.... just simply for what I said!

What should i do?

I think you should tell her, "Hey Chicky, so there is a place for you. Someone has decided not to come. I am going to leave it up to you as to whether you want to come still. We would love to have you, and I am really sorry if there was an confusion over that!!! So come and have fun with us!!!"

Make it fun and light and include her. I would rather be included, if a spot opened up. I have been in that spot and would have been more offended by not getting invited just because of sillness like this. Just invite her! Lol.