Texting a girl but no connection

I've been texting this girl from time to time, she actually texted me first about class today but when I text it seems like my text are all seriousness and boring. Anybody have any suggestions on what I could say or do to make things more interesting so she would be interested to text me more? I just feel like I can't connect with her everytime I do text. Sometimes I text with a simple question but i still feel it is not interseting so she ends up not texting me back at least for awhile.

deathandtaxes

Boo texting. Ask her to meet up for a face to face chat. Go walking. Have a beer. Who the **** wants to feel a connection over text? Kids these days...

Just add in some short teasing silly stuff. Like "Thank you for saving me from the terminal boredom of chemistry class" or if she asks you something technical like "Did you get what the teacher meant when he talked about the microsporangia of the stamen?" you could reply, "I love when you talk dirty to me.....guess we're both going to have reread the chapter." Or if there's no such opportunities, just convey you're happy to hear from her with exclamation points, you know, just "HEY! What's up?" And then pay attention in case she gives you an opportunity to ask her to something or walk with her somewhere and don't miss it.

• Like 1
melodicintention

She's not replying because her attention is caught up by some guy who's talking to her in person. Girls begin to think you are insecure when you text too much. After a while if they even are replying, it's to string you along as a boy toy for when they are bored. Don't be that guy. Man up. :cool:

InnocentMan

Use more smileys. They brighten up even the most tedious of texts. The rofl one is hilarious, and the women love it.

• Like 1