Female friend ignoring me, why?

Hi everyone, I am hoping that you all could give me some assistance or some suggestions on how to handle a problem I am experiencing with a friend. About a month ago, I met a woman online who was looking for strictly platonic friends and was new to the area. During that time, we have went out for dinner and hung out together usually once or twice a week depending on our schedules. Usually we text each other every few days to chat and set up a day to meet up again.

Earlier this week, I sent her a text to see if she wanted to meet up and get something to eat this week. I never got a response, so the next day I sent a follow up in case she overlooked the previous text and forgot to respond. This was a couple days ago, and I have not contacted her since then. I don't want to come off as some kind of creeper be excessive with the contact, but it just seems really strange that all of sudden I don't hear from her. We have been getting along great, and I can't think of any reason why she could be mad at me.

There are only a few reasons I can think of the sudden no contact.

1) She has met a guy and is in a relationship (98% sure this is not the case)

2) I did or said something to make her mad (Positive this is not it becuase she texted me last weekend and everything seemed fine)

3) She actually wants more than a friendship, or not.

She has never expressed any kind of romantic interest, never talked about anything relationship wise, we have never touched each other (not even a handshake or a hug). I have always viewed our relationship as strictly friends, but I have not pushed for anything beyond that. Could it be that she was truthfully wanting more, and was hoping that I would make a move? Could it be that she has moved on from me since I didn't pursue for me?

Maybe she is thinking that I am wanting more, and is trying to avoid that?

I don't know what to do here, I have been thinking about calling her in the next couple days since she hasn't responded to text. Usually we communicate through text. Should I call her, or wait and see if she contacts me? I am confused on what to do and could use some suggestions. I really enjoy being around her and don't want to lose her.

Yes, very odd it seems like she's doing a 'fade out'. I think your list of possible reasons sum it up correctly.

But there is nothing you can do except give her space.

• Like 2
  • Author

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I'll give her space and see what happens. I hope she comes back around, because I like her and miss hearing from her.

She's not wanting more or she would definitely be responding to you. She may be wanting less. It's also possible something else has happened that she is suddenly very busy and just not caught up with communications.

Do not text her again. But if you haven't heard back in about a week, she's gone. You didn't say how old she is. If she's still living with parents, they could have taken her phone.

The question is do YOU want more than just friendship with her? She could have developed romantic interest in you. But likely reason is she may have found another friend to occupy her time. I would test her the next time you guys go out by getting more flirty and touchy with her.

melodicintention

You are stressing your own self out. Why you sit and wait to call her a few days and post this silliness is beyond me.

You are going to call her to ask why she didn't respond to your text. I feel you have your priorities mixed up. Shouldn't you be calling her to see if she wants to meet up? Isn't that the original question?

You are scared of calling her. Admit it to yourself. You never learned how to actually call a girl, so you *think* you are taking the easy way by texting her. But look, in the long run...all this stress you are causing yourself by not manning up and callling her in the first place. Had you done that, you'd have your answer now.

Try it, once you call her, it will get easier and easier to use the phone instead of texting.