what guy thinks when a girl admits she likes him

heartfeltsoul

heartfeltsoul

I have a long-time boy-friend for about ten years now. what we have is purely friendship. in the middle of that 10 years ..I found myself feeling something different aside friendship but I kept it all by myself to avoid complications. we are so comfortable with each other that sometimes I feel guilty why I had to feel "this" way?

Then I worked abroad and we communicated via chat/FB.

just this year during our casual chat conversation ,I told him that during our travel together from the past I actually felt something for him more than friendship. He was surprised. And He just thanked me. I was surprised too. I kept it for years and so I'm relieved after I said that. we are still friends until now. And I am convince that what he has for me is purely friendship.

I'm just having thoughts of what he thinks of me now?

• Like 1

If he felt the same , my guess is that he would have told you so immediately after.

From a guys point of view by him saying "thank you " with no follow through of additional feelings he had as well then the thank you may be his way of letting you know he appreciates you telling him that and no harm done by you telling him that so the friendship doesn't become awkward.

I hope that makes sence

• Like 2

Yeah, what J2911 said. If your friend were very uncomfortable with it, he would let you know. But I think he appreciates your confession and wants to maintain a (platonic) friendship.

• Like 1

I have to agree with the above^. Sadly, it sounds like you are just a friend to him. Just be sure you don't turn down other social opportunities to be around him because it will keep you from having a romantic relationship with someone.

• Like 1

Well he didn't reject your feelings toward him.

So that is a GOOD thing.

I would encourage you to talk more openly about it with him and to finally figure out just what he is thinking/feeling toward you.

I love it when I can just ask, speak directly and share freely my thoughts with a girl friend.

I made it a point to do this so I know exactly what she IS thinking.

It clears the air, although it could be a little awkward and he/she may feel cornered into a conversation that they are not ready to have or just don't want to think about etc. So tread lightly.

Edited by Potion9