Why does my teacher hate me?

saberhagen

I have a 'larger' than life drama teacher who is upsetting me about my weight. I am 17, very slim, as are all of my family, we all have small frames, but this constant taunting really upsets me. It's really sad that someone in her profession has such little consideration for the feelings of her students. I really enjoy drama, but she makes it hard by constantly teasing me, even to the point of calling me anorexic, and asking if I eat enough. My family believe that it's just jealousy and she clearly has issues in her own life, so maybe I should just ignore it, but I would really appreciate any advice...

I would call her out on her behavior. Bullies always hate when you stand up to them. Otherwise report her to the proper authorities. Good luck!

• Like 1
nescafe1982
You should go to the school's counselor about it.

This. what this teacher is doing is unprofessional. And chances are, they are hurting other students with such comments as well.

Take it from me (I'm a teacher). If an instructor is acting like this, the school wants to know about it. This teacher may not want to hurt her students (and she may not even be aware of how biting her comments are!)... but she should have to a conference with the administration to find out how to fix the problem.

This is very stupid of the teacher to criticize a student of something irrelevant to the class. I think she would be very unprofessional and I'd nicely tell her to stop that. If she continues to do that, you can report it to the principal and her job could be in jeopardy.

• Like 2

It's amazing now that we've convinced most people to not make fun of fatsos that a lot of fatsos are starting to think they have a right to make fun of thin people.

• Like 1
whichwayisup
I have a 'larger' than life drama teacher who is upsetting me about my weight. I am 17, very slim, as are all of my family, we all have small frames, but this constant taunting really upsets me. It's really sad that someone in her profession has such little consideration for the feelings of her students. I really enjoy drama, but she makes it hard by constantly teasing me, even to the point of calling me anorexic, and asking if I eat enough. My family believe that it's just jealousy and she clearly has issues in her own life, so maybe I should just ignore it, but I would really appreciate any advice...

Call her out on it. And talk to your school principle as well. this is so wrong of someone who is an authority figure to tease and taunt you like that! She is not acting professional at all. And, if she feels you have an eating disorder, she certainly is handling it UNprofessionally and the wrong way!

You have a good head on your shoulders, you see she has her own issues and for some reason is taking it out on you so please try to not let it bug you so much.