my best friend hates me

Loveisonlyformovies

Loveisonlyformovies

My best friend cut contact after a bad fight some months ago and I miss him so :( we live on different continents and he blocks all my mails and accounts :( how to reach out to him and get a new chance? :/ don't know what to do without him...

Michelle ma Belle

I can't get into specifics since you haven't given any information about what the fight was about so the best advice I have is give him his space for now. He's upset for whatever reason and he's entitled to feel what he feels. Keep tabs on him from a distance if you feel the need but leave him be and let him come to realize that he misses you too.

• Author
Loveisonlyformovies

The fight was really bad and we usually become friends shortly after a fight but not this time, he seems to really gate me :/

pickflicker
My best friend cut contact after a bad fight some months ago and I miss him so :( we live on different continents and he blocks all my mails and accounts :( how to reach out to him and get a new chance? :/ don't know what to do without him...

Is this the same guy you've been writing about?

He's gone. Move on.

• Like 2

He is blocking for a reason. Maybe let him get back in touch with you? Seems pretty clear he wants nothing to do with you at the moment. Can`t think why? (No specifics). But you are seldom wrong.

• Like 1
whichwayisup

Whatever the fight was about, sadly for you, he's chosen to let go of the friendship and move on/shut you out. If one person chooses to walk away and out of a friendship the most respectful thing you can do is let them go. This is his loss! Though I'm sure it doesn't feel like that now, it is. He could have listened to you and stuck around to sort it out but he hasn't.

Sorry you're hurting.

• Like 1
Trnamakesnse

Don't contact. If you are blocked it's because either you kept trying or they are angry. Give it time and if they want to be friends they will contact you. Fact is friendship is a two way street. I've lost some of my best chat room friends over fights and it sucked but I always find more.

• Author
Loveisonlyformovies
Is this the same guy you've been writing about?

He's gone. Move on.

Of course it's not my ex

If you continue to try to contact someone who doesn't want contact with you, you are being very disrespectful, no matter what your reason for wanting to so it. It would be as if you are saying, "I don't care what you want. What I want is more important."

• Like 1
  • Author
Loveisonlyformovies

only tried once. but it didn't work, so now if he ever decides to come back, he's not welcome in my life anymore.

only tried once. but it didn't work, so now if he ever decides to come back, he's not welcome in my life anymore.

If he's not welcome in your life anymore... why would you want to reach out and get another chance???

• Author
Loveisonlyformovies

I only care to rebuild a relationship for a certain amount of time, which has now passed

SummerAngel

You can't force him to contact you or be friends with you. By blocking you, he is saying he doesn't want contact at this time. You need to let it be and move on. I know it's hard, but there's nothing left to do. He's made the decision for you about where he stands with you by blocking you. He wants nothing to do with you. Please just move on for now.

• Author
Loveisonlyformovies

he's madly in love with me and simply can't stand the fact that i don't feel the same, it's a silly thing to lose a friendship over

he's madly in love with me and simply can't stand the fact that i don't feel the same, it's a silly thing to lose a friendship over

In your perspective.

Personally, I think losing your friendship maybe easier on him.

• Author
Loveisonlyformovies

maybe.. but first my ex and now him..i've lost everyone i love and i can't stand it :/

maybe.. but first my ex and now him..i've lost everyone i love and i can't stand it :/

Who burned that bridge again?

• Like 1
pickflicker

An interesting perspective, considering that you are pining over someone who broke things off with you.

Never underestimate the pain of unrequited love. It's like trying to claw your heart out of your chest with your bare hands. I'd say letting go of the friendship is his self-preservation, and you should respect that.

Any reason why your bestie can't be your partner? Have you thought about it?

• Like 1
  • Author
Loveisonlyformovies
An interesting perspective, considering that you are pining over someone who broke things off with you.

Never underestimate the pain of unrequited love. It's like trying to claw your heart out of your chest with your bare hands. I'd say letting go of the friendship is his self-preservation, and you should respect that.

Any reason why your bestie can't be your partner? Have you thought about it?

Yes. He posses none of the three qualities i search for in a partner, which also are needed for me to even be able to be attracted to the person.

I could live with his religion, but not with the fact that he drinks or his fetishes.

It's best you let him go, would be selfish to want him to stay when he is suffering because of his unrequitted love for you.

It's very painfull, and this is what tends to happen when a girl and boy are "best friends", one falls for the other most of the time.

Don't hate him for it, and honestly leave him alone.

In fact if you care for him at all, you should refuse contact from him if he ever tried. Because he is likely to come back and try again just to suffer more because of the unrequited love and his bad decision making.

Only accept him back when he can see you as just a friend, can take years.

Sorry but this is how it is, i know it full well.

Allowing him to be your friend while denying his feelings is selfish of you, you get what you want(his friendship and attention cuz HE LOVES you), he doesn't get what he want's and you make him suffer.(even if unwillingly) Why it's best to let him go and refuse contact until stuff change. He will keep chasing and missinterpret signs from you, in hope that one day you will change your mind...everything you do is like a breadcrumb to him, it's very toxic.

It's torture for the one who is in unrequited love.

Edited by FrostBlaze
  • Like 1
  • Author
Loveisonlyformovies

i dont think he's in love with me in that way, he has been single for awhile and I'm sure he can get any girl he wants but he doesn't believe that, i think he only wants me because he doesn't believe he can get any better :/

i don't hate him for that but for the fact that he left me when i needed him the most, i'm completely broken and cant get up again alone :(

I'm not selfish, my ex did that to me and I wouldn't do that to anyone, that's why i leave my best friend alone.

But we had a terrible fight, many in fact, and we use each others weaknesses against the other to cause pain when we're angry, it's like we take out all negative feelings on each other instead of others... he said horrible things and so did i, i knew what would hurt him and i regret it :/ he haven't given me a chance to say sorry and that's why i started this thread :/ i miss him so much but his last words to me when trying to contact him was that he doesn't know me and doesn't want me in his life and those words really hurt... if i had to choose between getting my ex to love me again (the same guy who's the reason to me refusing every new relationship) or getting my best friend back, i would choose my best friend and that should tell a lot :(