What do you look for in your friends?

YellowLioness

YellowLioness

Personally, here are the qualities I value:

A good brain; some one who can think for themselves.

Personality: some one who is witty.

Honesty: people who are honest with you about how they feel.

I'm not sure what this would fall under, but I don't like drama queens/kings. I don't like people who start sh*t because they are bored, or who say things to make you look bad so that they look better.

I don't think those people really qualify as friends anyway.

non-judgmental: I like people who live their lives, and let you live yours with out imposing judgment.

I don't particularly like people who are controlling, or use guilt trips to manipulate, either.

I like people who are laid back, and sort of go-with-the-flow. :)

So, what do you like about your friends, or what do you look for in friends in general?

So, what do you like about your friends, or what do you look for in friends in general?

I like them to be reliable, trustworthy, understanding, patient, good sense of humour and self-irony would be nice. :)

Definitely have to make me laugh.

Won't judge me for what I do or don't do.

When I mess up won't yell at me but give me advice and see me through it.

A person that is trustworthy.

A person that is out going and loves life as much as I do.

A person that i can depend on for anything anytime.

A person that tells me it like it is.

A person with a good heart and that can make the best out of the worst situations.

Can deal with my mood swings

I'm not sure what this would fall under, but I don't like drama queens/kings. I don't like people who start sh*t because they are bored, or who say things to make you look bad so that they look better.

I hate that. I knew a lot of people like that. My mother does that. It's irritating.

People like you yellow!!!!!

I don't know, most of the friends I have just seem to come around whenever they need something.

I know that sounds mean of me, but I can't think of any particular time that my friends came over to just to hang out. It's usually, I'm short on rent this month, I need to get another car, I truly can't stand people like that anymore.

I can't stand people who are miserable and love it so much that they can't live without being miserable. People who think their life is a tragedy and noone has it worse than them.

I love blantenly honest people, ( Cause I am ), it may hurt sometime, but hey, that's ok.

I love people who love.

I love people who care, I mean truly care.

I love smart people, who don't know it.

I love funny people, who are natural at it.

I could go on and on and on,

Touch_of_Naughtiness

I only have ONE good friend that's not one of my family members and she's my best friend because

1. she's honest

2. she's silly like me (we can sing a 2 person song in front of the mirror without feeling embarrassed)

3. she tells me when I'm wrong

4. she never puts me down

5. she's not only there in the good times, but in the bad times too

6. she's not envious

7. she reminds me of me

8. we hold most of the same beliefs, such as religion, career, future, etc.

9. are cultural background is the same

10. once again she's honest and genuine

HokeyReligions

You know, I never really thought about it beyond my three criteria!

I have one friend who is a mercenary and another with connections to the Mafia (the guy I almost had the affair with was being trained as a hit-man (he left and went into the marines after he was acquitted of the killing in NY. His uncle wasn't so lucky and is in prison) and that didn't bother me.) I heard from Mafia-boy last week. :) He moved to CA earlier in the year, after he graduated from college. He just wanted to see how things were with me--we are still friends.

I have friends of all religions, sexual orientations, party affiliations, cultures, and races with more differences than things in common. Just love animals and laugh with me -- my only requirements. :p:bunny:

I have several friends whom I really enjoy and that I have never even met or heard their voices. We talk almost daily on an Internet message forum! :D

LOL I love my best friend. Been best friends for 5 years now.

I love the fact that I can just look at her and she already knows what I'm thinking or going to say.

And we have secret codes and inside jokes that nobody will ever understand.

She has been with me through my worst and best times. Like a quote I read "A good friend will bail you out of jail a best friend will be in the cell with you."

and she understands me like no one else does. I wish there was a male version of her lol ...jk

sorry just had to write how much I love that girl.

My friends are all pretty similar. We're all laid back, have great senses of humor (that's most important) all dig doing the same thing, all have more or less the same personality, etc.

Touch_of_Naughtiness
Originally posted by EtErNaLlYCoNfUsEd

I love the fact that I can just look at her and she already knows what I'm thinking or going to say.

This happens to me and my sister all the time!

I also think a good friend could be one you don't see for months, and when you get together again, it's like no time has passed whatsoever since the last time you saw them.

• Author
YellowLioness

My best friend is a guy. His name is Nick, and I miss him ALOT. We never dated, 'cause there was no chemistry at all.

These are the things I cherish in him:

He's so wise, just way beyond his years.

He's got a really good heart, and is kind to every body.

He's smart and open minded, funny, yet totally not judgmental.

Now, he'll tell me if I'm doing something unsafe, but he never tells me that i'm stupid for making the decisions that I do.

He has helped me form some of my core spiritual beliefs, and he was the first male besides my father who really and truly cared about me.

He also helped me learn what a good guy was, and what a good guy wasn't.

I like people who turn my world around, and prove me wrong. I helps me keep perspective.

• Author
YellowLioness
People like you yellow!!!!!

:o Awww shucks...(turns toe in dirt) Thanks, Moose!

You're one of the good ones, :D

I like people who make me see and think things I wouldn't normally consider. Like if we all looked at the same cloud- we'd all see different shapes.

I love how everyone said their pals have to be funny- There are so many people I think AREN'T funny but of course my friends are... Think that means peeps w/the same sense of humour stick tog? I go from dry to super flamboyant- there is no middle ground humour. So does that mean all the peeps in between have their own clique somewhere saying they only have funny friends and that's why I don't belong?

:o Sorry tangent- it's just one of those things that make you go hmmmmm..... ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by YellowLioness

I don't like drama queens/kings. I don't like people who start sh*t because they are bored, or who say things to make you look bad so that they look better.

I think everyone knows people like that. This girl I knew was like that because of her Ex boyfriend. She would always make something out of nothing because that's what he did. It didn't matter who it hurt as long as she was doing right by him. They learn these things from somewhere.

Things I look for in a friendship.

Sense of humor, someone who's fun, honset, trustworthy, doesn't judge me, is always there for me, someone who cares.