Keeping ur crush as a friend

ok, so i have a friend i really like. right now i'm just geting over him, i think i kinda annoyed him with the fact i like him tho, and i am affraid he wont still be my friend. I never told him i liked him but he knows i do, and i know he dosent like me like that. recently he has been very buissy and has even found someone elce he likes. I really would like to stay his friend however. i am just wondering now, if u anoy a guy, how can u make it up to them so they dont see u as an anoyance. i dont see him very much and we only talk over emails now. how can a salvage this?

Hi I'm no expert but just carry on being you. He may see you have your own life and not so stuck on his and this will probably be appealing to him. Email him and say hi to let him know your around and leave it open for him to contact you, If he does, cool, if not don't bug him. He'll come around.

One of my best guy friends in the world is someone I had a long-standing crush on. Not only did he know it, but I told him myself how I felt, then had to suffer the humiliation of being rejected. But you know what? He said he thought of me as a "really good friend," and it turned out that he really did. He never treated me any differently, but I know I annoyed him at times. More than four years after that happened - and about three years since I stopped having feelings for him - we are great, great friends.

It's funny that this thread came up because one of the guys we both hang out with has been telling people that I still like this guy, as if it were his business. When I talked to him (the guy I used to like) last night, I realized, "We're so past that. That awkwardness is done, and he knows it."

If this guy is a true friend to you, you will be able to see him that way, be happy for him in his future relationships, and maintain a wonderful friendship.

That said, I know *exactly* how you feel, and it sucks, but it will pass. Best wishes!

• Author

i want to apologize to um but i dont know if its a good idea, sunday i called to tell him sorry cus i got ticked at him, long story behind that, but it baffled him and he got a bit frustrated as well. he told me to call him about it today and i dono if i should just tell him the truth of the whole situation or if i should just leave it. i dont see much of him, he lives in another state, but one i visit constantly, and am moving too by this time next year. i'm just not shure what to say tonight. any advice? and thanx that gives me hope, i would love to stay friends if possible.