Eating crow isn't so bad, sometimes

YellowLioness

YellowLioness

I know most posts on here are from people needing advice, but I wanted to post something positive today, I apologised to a good friend with whom I'd had a bad falling out, and now we're like sisters again.

She IMed me out of the blue, and caught up for a while, then I just apologised for putting a boyfriend that I'd had over her friendship.

She had been bad mouthing him when we were going out, and I got so angry that I stopped talking to her for a while. I told the boyfriend what she had said, and he told his best friend, whom she was dating.

it spiraled into a conflict that has actually lasted for almost exactly one year, today.

I finally admitted I was wrong, and we both agreed that we were at fault and stubborn.

I just wanted to share, because there are alot of people who have lost friends over silly arguments, and I just wanted to let them know that there is still hope. :-)

If Sally and I can make up after a year of not speaking, there is still hope for the world. ;-)

Yellow that is soooo weird!

Because just yesterday Me and my bestfriend got into an argument.

In the 8 years weve been best friends we've only been in one fight. And yesterday it was over.

I feel like if I'm breaking up with my boyfriend. lol

She was jealous because I moved away from her like half an hour so I met a new friend at work who I go to lunch with and stuff now. Well the other day I was talking to her on the phone (just chit chatting nothing serious) and my 'new friend' called and said it was an emergency she needed to speak to me. So I told her I had to go and I would call her back. Well I fell asleep and didnt call her till the next day. When i did call she answers and is cold with me and I'm like whats wrong? She's like your a b*tch thats whats wrong.

I was so hurt. Well I wont get into detail but words were said and now I havent spoken to her. No matter what I did not deserve to be called a B*tch especially from a girl that I take to be like my sister.

But I miss her and my pride won't let me call her.

Oh well hopefully I'll get over the fact she calle dme that and cal her but untill then I have to wait till I cool down because I am heated but hurting at the same time. :mad::(

Taken_Angel

I bet she felt pretty bad too because she was probably missing talking to you and then you didn't call her back (she probably thought you dissed her for your new buddy).

I also agree that she shouldn't have called you a B1tch either. That was way harsh!

I think (like you said) you should cool off a bit then call and her and talk, chances are she's afraid she'll lose you because you moved and then if it was outta charcter for you not to call her back it probably only re-affirmed that fear! 8 years is a long time to be friends and to throw it away from small issues like that is truly sad.

I know where you 2 are coming from because I had a best friend since I was 15 (she was too) we were as close as sisters for 5 years, we started to grow apart because she started blowing me off for her new man, (which I understand not going out anymore but she stopped calling me and returning my calls) so I left her alone then I ended up married. I didn't talk to her for like almost 1.5 years (I missed her but figured if she missed me she knew where I lived and I didn't know where she lived because little did I know she'd moved outta state).

Almost 1.5 years ago I ran into her again and we became close like before BUT once again we both kinda drifted, she called me and since all she ever wanted to do was go to the bars (like we did before I met my BF there he doesn't like going out much and I would NEVER go out without him) or wanting me to come to come to her house but not bring my BF cuz her BF was jealous of other men. Plus he was a good guy and it got hard for me to see her cheat on him so many times (she slept with a new guy every couple of weeks behind his back and I felt bad for him so I had to stop seeing it and being around her so I wouldn't tell him) So eventually when I kept declining invitations to go out she quit calling (i can't blame her).

Now I miss her, she's not the best person in the world but we were close and I can't judge her lifestyle! I'm still with my BF and don't want to go out or hang out with her but wouldn't mind emailing her now and then or calling her every once in awhile but she moved again and I don't know how to get in touch with her. I've always been kind of a loner so I guess maintaining a friendship like before isn't possible. I'm just not the same person and neither is she. But I still miss her and wish I hadn't ceased contact all together.