Can't spend time alone w/ bf due to interferring lady

Midnight Magic

Midnight Magic

What does one do when you and your boyfriend are trying to have a dinner and some conversation, but this other woman who is elderly and has no one to talk to comes and sits with you 7 days per week and totally takes over the conversation. And one who constantly talks about her husband that passed away 6 years ago.

Please don't get me wrong, she is a nice old lady whose family wants nothing to do with her, and I have been nice for the past one year, but I am to the point where I am going to explode. While my boyfriend tells me that she is a lonely old woman and has no one. SO why has she adopted us. The only time we get to talk is at the restaurant during my lunch break.

Because of my boyfriend's illness he is back at work only 4 hours per day and this is from 6-10, then he comes home and is too tired to talk and goes straight to bed. I work from 8-5:30 by the time I get home he is leaving.

I am really really trying to be nice to her. Where everyone else at the restaurant has been mean and rude to her.

I have told her that I can meet her after work when my boyfriend is at work but she has other plans for this time. But I want some time with my boyfriend.

AM I being unreasonable?

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated and most welcome.

Thanks all

I see the problem. Maybe you can figure out what she's doing after your boyfriend goes to work. Maybe you could tag along and keep her company. But you need to talk to her about her being around so much. Maybe a couple times a week she could come and spend time with you, and call you, but not everyday. The only solution I can see is to sit down and explain it to her, but make sure she undestands that you want her around sometimes, because being completely alone isn't good for anyone.

Midnight Magic

Thanks for the reply.

I will talk to her, I just hope that she does not get all hurt and emotional about it.

I do like her, but sometimes I just miss our time together.

I hate to sound greedy, but we have our most quality talks at the restaurant, or at least we used to.

SO I will talk to her at lunch tomorrow.

Wish me luck

I think that I might need it :bunny::bunny::bunny:

I think you've been very sweet to have been as tolerant as you are. I think a lot of people would not have been. Be honest with her. She was obviously with someone once as you said she talks about her deceased husband so she should understand wanting some time alone with your honey. Good luck talking to her.

Midnight Magic

Well I finally had the little chat with her.

I can tell that it broke her heart, she had tears in her eyes........and I feel like such a heel.

So we came to a compromise, she can join us for lunch on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays.

The rest of the days are mine and only my days. Its sad when you have to make an appointment to be with

your boyfriend.

I feel better already.

I really never meant to hurt her, she must think I am heartless.

I can not help but think that I am being greedy, even though truly I know that I am not.

So there we have it, I think this will work out for both of us.

Thanks all for the input!