head in turmoil

I really cant get this out of my head & I don't know what to do for the best. Let me first explain I am married with 2 kids. I have met a much younger woman at work nearly half my age, let me also explain there is absolutely nothing going on between us. But....... a few weeks ago we were out on a work social do I noticed her looking at me in a flirtive way & fuelled buy a few drinks I repaid the compliment, before long we were chatting along & getting on really well, I knew she was staying in town in a hotel with some other girls & I had to come back the following day so I asked her if she would like to meet me for lunch the offer was completely genuine & I never meant anything to come of it she immediately agreed. I was a bit drunk by this point but completely in control she sensed I had something on my mind & asked me what I was thinking. Now, I wish I had kept my mouth shut, but I said what was in my mind "I find you very attractive" I said, with that she gave me a lovely sensual embrace & I just melted, nothing more was said & I left. I have spoken to her briefly at work & texted her a few times. I now sense an awkwardness between us, I have appolagised for putting here in an awkward position as I feel it is all my fault, I think she thinks I am leading her on to something more she sais ther is no need & she hasn't said no to my offer of lunch. Now I know what you are all thinking but my wife & kids mean absolutely everything to me, & I know nothing will or can happen between us but friends, real friends mean a lot to me as well. I have huge respect for this person I like her very much, we get on well & I think we could be great long term friends, If she doesn't want that then fair enough, but I don't think that's the case, & if so I couldn't bare to think this can not be possible I still really want to take her out for lunch or something, there I can tell her what I am feeling, I just cant do that by text or phone. How can Isort this whole mess out & convince her that I am genuine?

Edited by Marc1t
whichwayisup

What you're doing is dangerous and you're gonna get yourself into trouble.

The key actually is, why are you lusting and wanting to spend time with another woman, wanting to get to know her when you know you can't do anything about it? Sure, you can have that affair, but you have A LOT to lose.

Think ahead and not in the heat of the moment.

Go read in the OW/OM section and also in infidelity. Do you really want to cheat on your wife? Hurt and betray her? Become someone that goes against his vows, puts himself in a really stupid situation that can hurt so many?

Focus on spending time and bonding with your wife. IF you put that energy to use at home then you wouldn't be lusting after this other woman.

Sure, its' great to feel desired by someone else, or have a crush on someone, good for the ego BUT when you knowingly start pursuing when you are married, it will only cause trouble and strife into into your life, this girls life and your home life as well.

Remember your vows, get some boundries and dont' be friend women whom you want to have sex with or have feelings for.

• Like 1
I know nothing will or can happen between us but friends, real friends mean a lot to me as well.

See what's in bold? That's how LOTS of affairs start, with one or both parties thinking that nothing will happen even if events start heading in that direction.

If she's such a good friend she should understand if you cancel that lunch date, especially if you do so to re-focus yourself on your family

Good luck :bunny:

Ignore those two. Go for it, you only live once. Get what you can. In 6 months, your head will be clear, as will your time. Because you will be working 2 jobs trying pay child support, alimony, two lawyers, two house payments and you will have no time for your new honey. What free time you do have will be filled by wondering why you did such a stupid, selfish thing as take up with another women.

Or has been suggested, you make a phone call and stop this stupid fantasy RIGHT NOW! Then go home and kiss those who are important to you.