Breaking up with best friends

ANewBeginning

ANewBeginning

Hi all, new here but thanks for reading.

She use to be one of my closest friends. We went through some pretty tough times - the good and the bad. But it's ended today. Funny how friendship break ups seem to hurt more than relationships.

I don't know if I'm in the right or wrong but I guess I've had enough after countless blow offs and being the one who has made the effort over these last year or so. It's funny, my conscience only feels bad because it has been pre-programmed by all these tv shows in a sense showing friendships that we see last forever etc etc. But whats the point in maintaining one when clearly the other party just doesn't give a damn; even emails and text messages all prettied up don't work anymore. Heck, if she even initiated or sent me 1 message first throughout this last year then I would have been happy accepting it.

I know she has family problems, she's studying a pretty tough course. Yet I and many countless friends are in pretty much the same situation yet we still have found ways to make it work. She on the other hand just doesn't even try.

So this is how it ended; I thought I'd give it one last try to catch-up and of course I was blown off. Thats when I sent a message about how I understand , I'm not angry but I wasn't going to try anymore and it's goodbye for now. This then started a flurry of messages and missed calls etc as I just let it run its course.

I think I am starting to 'declutter' my life and social circle. What do you guys think? Am I that bad a person?

xXCountryXx

No, you're not. There comes a point when all the cons outweigh the pros and you've reached that point with her. People grow apart.

Some friendships have an expiration date whereas others last a lifetime. It doesn't mean you're a bad person when you let go of a friendship that no longer benefits you in your life.

Let this friendship go. Any more attempts to resuscitate this friendship on your part will end with more hurt and pain than is necessary.

I've been there, done that. The last friend I metup with to try to resuscitate the friendship with was a disaster. Why? Because neither of us had changed in the time we spent apart, and the issues that ruined our friendship, were still there.

Once a friendship ends, walk away from it and never look back. Anytime you do you'll just be met with disappointment and rejection.