Terrible mistake with a female friend

wittybiceps

wittybiceps

I'm a guy. I've known this girl online for almost 5 months now. I was attracted to her from the beginning, but mostly it was a platonic attraction. She has a boyfriend she moved half way across the country to be with. She's a very flirtatious, sexual, open woman.

About two weeks ago, she sent me nude pic. She only sent the pic to one other person, so I guess it's a special thing for friends only. Unfortunately it added a sexual element to my attraction. It turned my platonic, friend only relationship into me wanting something more. So a few days ago, I made a foolish mistake, got drunk, and basically asked her for more, my reasoning being that her BF has her for the rest of his life, a few pictures don't matter. She played it off as no big deal and said she's probably wouldn't just because of her BF. I wasn't very subtle about being attracted to her. The whole thing made me feel disgusting once I sobered up, and I can't help but feel like there's an element of tension between us now. We haven't hung out since Tuesday, so I haven't been able to tell for sure, but she's texted less, and been more distant with me.

It was a stupid thing to do. The risk outweighed the reward, and all I got out of it was possibly losing a good friend and someone I very much want in my life. Is there anyway I can repair the damage?

Please help me :(

Man I'm in a very similar situation. If you are still in contact, but she is distant, give her space and let the dust settle. Apologize, then don't contact her at all. After that, maybe check up on her and keep things positive and never mention what happened unless she brings it up and wants to talk about it.

Not sure what else can be done. My .02

• Author
wittybiceps
Man I'm in a very similar situation. If you are still in contact, but she is distant, give her space and let the dust settle. Apologize, then don't contact her at all. After that, maybe check up on her and keep things positive and never mention what happened unless she brings it up and wants to talk about it.

Not sure what else can be done. My .02

Hey man, thanks for the advice. I usually post not expecting a response, so it's nice to see someone actually posting.

I've kind of apologized already. The problem is, people, especially women, always say everything is ok, but really it isn't. It's going to be hard as hell, but I think you're right. I think I need to disappear for a while, and if she cares enough, she'll want me back in her life.

Anyway, thanks for the advice