Does he have a substance abuse issue?

I think a guy i was attracted to has a problem and will not recognize it as such. We went out on what i thought would be a dare but we sat at the bar. He didn't order any food just several (maybe 10-15) vodka/tonics and about 4 shots of patron, the tab was really high. In between his drinks he kept getting up to go outside and smoke. After this he then asked me to take him to a gas station for mor cigarettes but he came out with a 4 loko and he drunk this on top of what he had just had at the bar. I googled the 4 loko because i did not know what it was and it pretty much is liquid cocaine as it has the same affect as a small hit of cocaine. After he drunk this i got really scared he went to sleep, but an hour later woke up and was sleepwalking and he urinated on my carpet. He went back to sleep and was snoring terribly and his heart was racing!!! This whole thing was scary for me. This sounds like more than a social drinker and i think he may be an alcoholic and possibly abuses other substànces that i don't know of. Are these the signs of substance abuse? He also got waived from playing pro football and i really think it was due to these type of substance issues but he won't talk about it. Now he won't speak to me because he thinks im lying about him peeing on my carpet!!! Should i just say good riddance!?

• Author
run! he can not ne good news if this idea of a date, he is an addict

I agree, i've never seen someone consume this much alcohol and i don't understand why a person would do it.

• Like 1

Ten to fifteen vodka tonics, four shots of tequila, and a Four Loko (which is not like cocaine at all, it's just more alcohol with a little caffeine in it.)

That's a lot of booze.

So yes, the huge amount of alcohol he consumed is a sign of substance abuse. Actually, it's more than a sign, you actually witnessed the substance abuse.

Should i just say good riddance!?
Yes. This dude got beyond wasted and pissed on your carpet.

He pissed on your carpet.

Of all the reasons to stop seeing someone, "He got blackout drunk and soiled the floor and then had the audacity to be angry at me when I called him on his floor-pissing" is pretty legitimate.

I'm sure you can find someone better.

• Like 1
  • Author
Ten to fifteen vodka tonics, four shots of tequila, and a Four Loko (which is not like cocaine at all, it's just more alcohol with a little caffeine in it.)

That's a lot of booze.

So yes, the huge amount of alcohol he consumed is a sign of substance abuse. Actually, it's more than a sign, you actually witnessed the substance abuse.

Yes. This dude got beyond wasted and pissed on your carpet.

He pissed on your carpet.

Of all the reasons to stop seeing someone, "He got blackout drunk and soiled the floor and then had the audacity to be angry at me when I called him on his floor-pissing" is pretty legitimate.

I'm sure you can find someone better.

I agree, but i don't know why it bothers me so much that he blocked my number and he was the one that was disrespectful. Its like someone just walking up to u and slapping u for no reason. I mean this guy had a chance at pro football and the team waived him a few months after they signed him and then he went to canada to play there and they waived him!! Gotta be the alcohol...

You need to look up the washout rate in NFL. You have no facts to back up your supposition it was the booze. He more than likely failed to make the cut.

It's common.

• Author
You need to look up the washout rate in NFL. You have no facts to back up your supposition it was the booze. He more than likely failed to make the cut.

It's common.

Ok thanks sorry if i offended u but it was my assumption...but i still agree with the other posts that this is an alcoholic! Maybe his failing to make the cut caused the increase in alcohol...who knows but its not normal.