Friend with a BF Question

I have a friend I have known since high school. We didnt have much contact after high school but she contacted me a couple years ago on FB and we chat quite often.

Recently she broke up with a real douchebag she has been seeing on and off for about a year. He is always scheming after other women and doesn't treat my friend very well.

So a week after she dumps him...she has two small strokes...ends up in the hospital and has to deal with this guy. (He's a Dr) She then finds out she may have a small hole in her heart and may need surgery in Denver.

My question is this....should I send her flowers to cheer her up?

85% of me is doing this for her to make her happy and let her know she's my friend...nothing more than that.

The other 15% is me wanting to spin this guy up because he isn't a good guy and treats my friend bad. I want to give him something to think about and make him think about the possibility that she may have somebody else who thinks enough about her to do something he never does.

If I didn't have that little thought running through my head I wouldn't even ask she would already have flowers. (I do you this a lot for people I care about)

Let me know your thoughts?

whichwayisup

Is she in the same City as you? If so, GO visit her. And bring her flowers but unscented ones. Throw in some fun magazines as well..

She is your friend so just because she has dink-a.ss boyfriend, doesn't mean you shouldn't go visit her and put a smile on her face.

• Author

She lives about 7 hours from where I am.

I sent her flowers anyway and as I suspected the guys was pissed off about it and kind of rude to her. She sent me a picture in a text message and has thanked me 3 different times for them.

I actually sent a FB message to a friend of hers that works with her.....asking if he would be pissed and take it out on my friend. Her response was "who cares, she deserves so much better than that guy.......did I just say that? ;)"

Mission accomplished.....my friend is happy and thats all that matters to me.