What about kissing someone good-bye?

Hello everybody. :D

I was wondering. Is it okay to kiss someone good-bye you don't know that much? (Only on the cheek of course. ;)) Or would it be too much?

I know that friends kiss or hug each other when greeting or saying good-bye. But we are not exactly friends. I told the one honestly that I feel a lot sympathy and affection. Okay...Perhabs I was a bit too honest and too sudden. :D As already said, we actually don't know each other. Never mind. It happened already some months ago. But I can't get it out of my mind. It's a heavy crush...But it feels like a Crash sometimes. :(

In a month we see each other for the last time and I feel that I should say good-bye - although I have a couple of days left to some kind of get to know "the person". But it's very unlikely that my efforts would be welcome. Well I don't know...but I believe. :) And I thought that a kiss could be the right thing to do. :love: It's cute...and...yeah...and it's a kiss on the cheek. That's for sure. :D

Afterwards we probably won't see each other again but nevertheless I don't want to ruin the person's opinion of mine.

I don't want that we have to feel bad or something like that.

What's your opinion?

Is this someone you are romantically interested in? Are you a man or woman? Do you live in the States or abroad?

If you live in the states and are I man, I must say "NO!". That will make you seem like a creep, and even sexual harassment. If you are European or something, you can do it I guess. If you are a woman, than go a head and do it. However, don't take it the wrong way if this guy thinks you want some tounge action too! :p

I think if you don't know this person that well you shouldn't kiss them goodbye.

The best thing to do would be to give them a hug and tell them your going to miss them. A kiss would probably freak them out if they didn't know it's coming and if you still want to keep in touch just leave them with a hug.

If you want more than a friendship with them why don't you just tell them how you feel.

If they are leaving anyway you will have nothing much to loose.

• Like 1
Romantically interested? I guess so..Well. I don't know.

And I'm a man living in Europe. :D

Are you French, Spanish, or Italian (and or one of the old Yugoslav countries)? I know those places don't frown upon the kissing of a person's cheek.

But here in the states, if a guy was to do that to a woman he didn't know the most likely out come is a slap on the face.... and if you are unlucky a kick to the manly bits and or a call to the cops.

Use your own discretion.

• Author

@amy10

If you want more than a friendship with them why don't you just tell

them how you feel.

I already did. But all I got is that it's cute what I said and that she believes that we should leave it that way. Nothing more. That's okay for me. As already said it happened some months ago and I don't expect anything. But of course I'm a bit sad that I got no real chance. The problem is that there is no friendship...and that it was too sudden for her. ;-)

@will1988

Are you French, Spanish, or Italian (and or one of the old Yugoslav countries)?

[...]

I know those places don't frown upon the kissing of a person's cheek.

[...]

I'm German. It's difficult to say. Perhabs I should just go for it and see what I get. A kiss could be a bit sudden. But it would be only a peck on the cheek. Hm.

wuerde ich nicht tun wenn ich du waere

then again, it is your call. Maybe a nice long hug and see how that goes.

• Like 1