Why is my friend sending me mixed signals?

Well my guy friend is very affectionate with me. He holds my hand, we makeout, and everyone who witnesses our 'friendship' says we ARE a couple, but this guy never says we are. I've found myself wanting more attention, and I talked to a close friend about how I was starting to feel and she says I don't deserve any more than he gives, beacuse we're just friends. That frustrates me. The reason why I don't think he wants more is because he never really talks to me first. I'm always initiating conversations. If I left it up to him, we'd never really talk as much as we do. If I'm sick, he doesn't really check up on me or ask if I feel better. That's fine as a friend, but I'm assuming if someone really liked me, they'd be more concerned and more willing to speak to me.

Why would he do this? He's not getting sex. We've been friends for 2 years and it slowly built up to this. Why won't he just ask me out? I would really love to have a conversation with him about this, but how do I carefully approach this situation? I feel like it'll make things really awkward, and deep down, I feel like he doesn't even want to be with me. I think he's just attracted to me, but I don't think he's really interested in starting anything. Maybe he's just interested in a FWB thing, it's just weird. And yes, I would be interested in dating him. How do I talk to him without scaring him away or making things uncomfortable? I've never been with a guy except him, so I'm very inexperienced with this.

tell him that some guy asked you out, watch his reaction and if your boyf gets jealous or gives you an angry look, then you have grounds to discuss exclusivity, mind you, from what i've seen here and there the friends with benefits deal does not mean that either friend must be faithful, be careful cuz you want a boyf, ok, so choose one that wants what you want, you two need to talk

• Like 1
Anthony2005

It's safe to say he's attracted to you if you're making out and he's showing you affection.

He may just be an introvert, and keeps most of his thoughts in his head. Since you seem to be the one who starts up the conversations, use that to your advantage. Questions like "What do you find attractive in women?" or "What are your thoughts on friends with benefits, do you think a friendship can maintain through it?". Even the most reserved person will open up when you eventually cross a topic they are passionate about.

Fear of rejection will keep many men from taking a chances, and what women may consider to be clear signs of interest we can easily write off as "She's just being nice!".

• Like 1
Anthony2005
tell him that some guy asked you out, watch his reaction and if your boyf gets jealous or gives you an angry look, then you have grounds to discuss exclusivity, mind you, from what i've seen here and there the friends with benefits deal does not mean that either friend must be faithful, be careful cuz you want a boyf, ok, so choose one that wants what you want, you two need to talk

I have to agree with DarkMoon, it's important you decide on what it is you want. Are you looking for something exclusive?

Some may disagree with this but my mind set for first experiences is... Regardless of how this turns out... will you look back on your first experience with him as great memories or regrets? Because it's these "first" that will set the tempo of your relationships down the road.

• Like 1