should I meet him

This guy on the internet was planning on meeting me this weekend at the shopping mall.Well I got carried away and told him the place where I take my guitar lessons.Its in a public place,so nothing can happen right? I know its always better to meet in a public place but its still scary.We are just friends.

Patty

There is a lot of scary people out there :(

You can never be sure this person is who they say they are.

Meeting in a public place is very important but I'd recommend taking a friend with you even just until you greet this person. I'd carry a cell phone and always stay in a public place for the first meeting.

Patty, do not go anywhere with the person. If he offers you a ride, don't take it, even if he seems nice. Some very unpleasant people seemed very nice to women - until they killed them. You really cannot be too careful about any stranger you meet, on the internet or anywhere else. Absolutely take someone with you, and I can't repeat strongly enough - do NOT go anywhere with him. If he wants to get a snack or meal, find a place in the mall to eat.

• Author

Thanks everyone for the advice.I think its best I not meet him.Not that hes a bad person,but after reading the responses,which helped me re think all of this,I think its best we just be friends on the internet.Cause its scary not knowing who we can trust.

Patty

Whoa.. Moi.. You've read too many horror stories. You are assuming that she is going to get killed?

Patty, you have to becareful. First question, have you talked to him on the phone? Have you seen him on cam? The first person I met, she gave me a fake picture. Talked to her 3 weeks on the phone and met in public. When she came upto me I didn't know who she was at first until she told me. I was so pissed and felt so awkward I had to decide what I was going to do. I told her it was best that I just leave, and I did.

I still chat online, even though I am with someone. It's not to flirt, but what I have noticed about 50% of the women who chat with me, give me fake pics. If the pic looks too good and they don't have a cam, that is a sure sign. I know men do the same thing. Some men go as far as running a video on their cam to make you believe it's them. That's very deseperate and sick. Eventually the lies will come out.

However I have met some very good looking people. One was actually a model for a well-known chain of stores. When I first talked to her & she sent me her pic, I was just going to blow her off like the rest. However she sounded very intelligent and when she asked me to look at her cam, I was stunned.

I have also kept in contact with one female for about 5 years. She is married and he knows we chat. We've never met, but I've seen her on cam. She is a very special person to me. There are also quite a few marriages that result from online chatting. To me it's no different than meeting someone at a bar, etc.. The person you talk to at the bar could be a serial killer. You never know.

I would have a friend with you and take things slow. Don't be afraid to ask detailed questions. If he is legit he could be wondering the same about you.

southerngirl84

I say if you want to meet him bring a friend along just to be sure and meet him in a public place thats what i would do.

If your friends tell him your going to bring somebody, because it is not safe. Tell him you are not going anywhere with him in advance, so he won't try to pressure you to leave hold, your ground. and bring a cell phone.

If he is a good friend he should understand the rules for now.

Yeah, there are sketchy people patty, but you can meet a sketchy person in the street just as easily as you can online. Do as everyone suggest, bring a freind along for your lesson, havve that freind bring a freind along, so that way it isnt an odd number of people making it akward. I agree with Moi that if you eat something somewehre, probably best to do so in the mall. And trust your instincts about this guy. But I say meet him, becuase you never know just what will happen.... :love:

sweet-n-sexy

Be carefull, you said you already told him where you take your guitar lessons! Be safe and ask a freind along for a few lessons cause minght just show up anyways.

Always stay alert. Keep your eyes open and don't stay late. go home as soon as you can.