How much is too much when texting guy friends?

teaforone

I have a newish guy friend, we've known each other for years but for some reason never talked other than the occasional awkward facebook comment here and there. He told me he thought he wasn't cool enough to hold a conversation with me. :cool:

We've hung out once so far, still working on the second time (our plans to hang out again keep messing up).

He told me i could text him anytime, and i'm positive he meant it. But there is such a thing as texting too much, and i don't want to be a nag and have him look at his phone and think "there's that annoying girl i'm friends with again." Silly? maybe. We were texting pretty much everyday-every other day but i think we're both getting tired of texting so much. Is once or twice a week plenty for someone you're friends with?

Dragonfruit

Your post sounds a bit vague, so I have a hard time answering it. Of course there would be no correct or incorrect number of texts per week if they are going back and forth both ways, so I didn't really understand the question. Is this a guy you like who is not showing much interest in you?

Edited by Dragonfruit
  • Author

I'm not really looking to date him right now, want to get to know him more first but i do like him in that way.

Sometimes he seems to be flirting with me, other times it seems like it's just a friend thing so it's kind of hard to decipher until i hang out with him more. Which brings me to another point, we keep going back and forth on making plans to hang out a second time but something always happens and it doesn't work out. It's kind of both are faults, he doesn't know how to tell his job "no" he has plans he can't work over. And where i'm still living with my parents he can't come over after work because my parents are trying to sleep. So we keep going back and forth, offering each other different times. I'm just afraid sooner or later either he or i will just give up on trying to hang out with each other.

Lately, the texting has become very lackluster on both sides mostly because i think we're getting tired of it. I don't want to just up and stop talking to the guy, but i'm not sure what a decent amount of texting is to keep in touch.

Sorry for the novel.

Dragonfruit

Without knowing a lot of details here, my feeling is that getting together is not that complicated so if he doesn't make it happen then he's probably not really interested. I wouldn't text him anymore. Like you said, you don't want to be that girl who he dodges, and he knows where to find you if he wants to. And why get in deeper and get more connected anyway if he's not really interested, you know? I'd focus on meeting some new guys instead. Good luck.

Edited by Dragonfruit