My best friend

Hi everyone. Don't know what I'm looking for. I made a mistake and I can't talk to anyone about it so I guess I'm getting it off my chest here. If anyone has any advice that would be great.

I'm visiting my friend in another country right now. She's my best friend. The reason I'm visiting her is because I knew she was going through a really rough time. Her fiancé of 4 years had been cheating on her and left her, she lost her job a little after that happened and on top of all that she's been really sick. She's all alone here without any family or other friends. I thought it would be a good time to visit with her, figured she might need someone.

She's been lying to me. Or maybe a better word would be withholding. We lived together years ago and we were extremely close. I found a journal she has and I read it. Normally I wouldn't do this but, we used to journal together, make scrapbooks and always let each other read them. I didn't think too much about reading it... Until I did.

She was diagnosed with cancer. She's not going to do anything about it either. She's just... Being.

I don't want to lose my best friend. There's been so much more that's gone on with her. It's just been one F*ing nightmare after the other for her. I won't go into details because it's not my place to spread her life story on the internet, but she's had it bad. Now I feel like she's killing herself. Am I wrong? I know things have been tough for her, but I don't want to lose her. I don't understand why she hasn't told me, and I don't understand why she's not going to get help. Medicine, chemo, anything. It's like she's just waiting to die.

What do I do? What can I do??

• Like 1
Dragonfruit

Well that is just very sad. I think you will just have to talk to her. Maybe she is so depressed she feels like giving up and needs someone to give her a talking to. Good luck.