Why you Worrying for?

I suffer from anxiety and depression and at times it can be difficult for me to do things from going out to the store to driving around town to hanging out in public. So a lot of the time I stay home.

So my best friend goes and tells me "Why you gota worry for?" "You don't have any kids, you don't have any bills to pay, you don't have your own car or house to pay for"etc.

"So why you worrying for? You got nothing to worry about".

When I do got stuff to worry about. I don't have my license and I got 6 weeks until my permit expires, I don't got a job, and whenever I go out I feel anxious.

So I do got stuff I'm worrying about but my best friend thinks this stuff is nothing.

Is she right or wrong?

• Like 1
Country_Girl

I don't think either person is in the right or wrong. Listen, I think anything that causes you stress or anxiety is a worry - and the things that stress her out may not be the same things that stress you out and vice versa. People cannot argue abut feelings, you feel what you feel and no one can change that. I think she was trying to be helpful, by naming things that might stress someone else out, to try and lighten your load. You know, the old saying, someone else out there has it much worse'.

Perhaps you could slowly introduce yourself to situations that make you anxious - you know like join a meetup group in your area. After repeated 'doses' you should start feeling more and more comfortable in a public setting. Just an idea.

Edited by Country_Girl
spelling
I suffer from anxiety and depression and at times it can be difficult for me to do things from going out to the store to driving around town to hanging out in public. So a lot of the time I stay home.

So my best friend goes and tells me "Why you gota worry for?" "You don't have any kids, you don't have any bills to pay, you don't have your own car or house to pay for"etc.

I know your feelings exactly. After I graduated from high school I moved in with my father who was living out of state. He bought me a car, let me live with him for no rent, didn't make me get a job (at first, anyway), and paid for my tuition and books. I had none of the typical worries someone starting college has. Paradise, right? Actually, Dad also emotionally abused me until I tried to kill myself. Not everyone suffers from the "usual" stresses of everyday life, but that doesn't make your problems any less real or important. Keep you chin up, you're not alone. <3

• Author
I know your feelings exactly. After I graduated from high school I moved in with my father who was living out of state. He bought me a car, let me live with him for no rent, didn't make me get a job (at first, anyway), and paid for my tuition and books. I had none of the typical worries someone starting college has. Paradise, right? Actually, Dad also emotionally abused me until I tried to kill myself. Not everyone suffers from the "usual" stresses of everyday life, but that doesn't make your problems any less real or important. Keep you chin up, you're not alone. <3

That sucks. And thanks for understanding.

pureinheart

When I do got stuff to worry about. I don't have my license and I got 6 weeks until my permit expires, I don't got a job, and whenever I go out I feel anxious.

So I do got stuff I'm worrying about but my best friend thinks this stuff is nothing.

Is she right or wrong?

You now what...I don't know. Stressors are stressors.

I thought the same thing as your friend. Man, have sooo much resposibility at times, I just want to walk away from it...sell everything and rent a room in someone elses house, but don't think I could handle it....

There's two sides to every story- who's to say you don't have more stress by your situation?

Forever Learning

Sometimes worrying can't be helped. Some of us are biochemically predisposed to worry, due to our brain chemistry and how we were raised in our family of origin. How lucky for those people who have neither of those concerns, I have always been envious of those folks! My best friend could be living in a house that was on fire, and she'd pull out her knitting and watch Wheel of Fortune and have a dandy time. She just doesn't worry about much of anything. That's why I love her so, she amazes me (and cracks me up). :laugh: Strange the wide gamut human beings run in their inclination to worry (or lack thereof) :)