Went off on my roommate.

Just here to vent about my roommate. We've lived together for 2 years now, and we've always gotten along great until recently. She dated a guy for over 2 years who is being deployed to Afghanistan in October, and they just broke up, so she's really stressed out lately.

Last week, we had maids come over to clean our apartment. After, I cooked the both of us bacon and eggs. She first looked at the eggs and said they were too "yolk-y" then complained they were overcooked (which they weren't, I'd cooked the eggs after the bacon, so they appeared browner). She went in her room and punched her wall, breaking her hand. When her mom came over, she was crying, saying that all the stress from her ex was building up, and the way I cooked the eggs set her off.

Okay. I didn't get mad. She has habits that tick me off. She smokes weed all day every day, and the apartment smells of it all the time. She has friends that come over who are extremely loud, blast music, and scream every time they talk. She has a crazy ex that will come over at 3 AM and bang on the door, drunk, yelling at her. I take out the trash when it piles up, but she lets the dishes pile to the ceiling before she decides to wash them (we decided to do those separate jobs). Sometimes, she comes in drunk, screaming at 2 AM. The other night, she came in the apartment blackout drunk and put on the privacy lock so I couldn't get in. The next morning, she couldn't remember any of it.

The last straw was tonight. My boyfriend and I cooked dinner, and he cleaned all of the dishes we used and put them away. There were 2 dishes of ours left by the couch when we decided to grab a smoothie. I had every intention of getting the 2 dishes when I got back. She texted me and said, "I'm really tired of your mess. You leave dishes and trash out, and I want to keep this place clean after the maids came. Not to sound like a b****." That made me really angry. She has no room to talk, so I retorted, "Oh, I'm sorry that my boyfriend and I left 2 dishes out while we got smoothies, especially since he cleaned all the dishes we used tonight. There are things I don't like either, like when the entire apartment stinks of weed when I come home, but I've never gotten mad. But I would hate for us to live in filth. Not to sound like a b**** either, but I'm extremely moody tonight, especially since I know I usually end up cleaning my messes."

All she said was, "Talk to you tomorrow."