Should I limit my friendship with this married woman?

So I'm in a new city (about a year or so). My social network consists of coworkers and the gym primarily. I'm on my own. I got out of a relationship about eight months ago (but saw the ex about four months ago) and still getting that out of my system.

I met this female at the gym. I find her very attractive not only physically but mentally. Very sexy. I told her this the first time I met her, but she's married.

So I've known her for a few months and we've been training together a few times. There is a slight undercurrent of attraction, if not physically, then mentally. I admire her as a friend and appreciate the friendship. Both of us in a situation where we don't know too many people, are in a transitory period of our lives, and are similar in age and I eventually found out some similar things in our childhood.

So I enjoy this friendship and value this. I am the type of person that truly value people and what they have to offer. Honestly though I've never befriended a married woman before meeting the husband first. Also I find it difficult at times to maintain this being that I am attracted to her.

There's women in life that you can look at but don't touch be it your own personal convictions or morals. I understand that. Am I being mentally immature in thinking that I would have to cut contact with her because of me being attracted to her? Or is this best for my own sanity.

Any thoughts/input appreciated.

If the attraction doesn't interfere with you enjoying the company of, and dating, eligible ladies and you find the association to be positive and respect the boundaries of her marital relationship, then IMO it can be a healthy association. One shared interest is physical fitness. Focus on that, and other shared interests. That's what friends do. They're not looking for angles to get into each other's pants, so to speak. Good luck.

• Author
If the attraction doesn't interfere with you enjoying the company of, and dating, eligible ladies and you find the association to be positive and respect the boundaries of her marital relationship, then IMO it can be a healthy association. One shared interest is physical fitness. Focus on that, and other shared interests. That's what friends do. They're not looking for angles to get into each other's pants, so to speak. Good luck.

Yeah we have a lot of shared interests and she has mentioned that it is weird talking to me about those things out of all the people she's met. Also she stated she has told me things that she hasn't told friends she has had half her life, so that's cool. I think I have a knack for getting people comfortable with me.

I think that's where the mental attraction comes from.

But the feeling is mutual and I think it is a very cathartic relationship.

You make a great point about not looking for angles. Just being a good person ultimately and respecting boundaries.

Who cares, her marriage might suck and she might be on the market. This could be the one for you, or just another lady friend. Either way I don't see anything wrong with continuing to be 'gym buddies' with her.