Sick friend visiting

pink_sugar

My friend came to visit last week, I had no idea she was sick until she arrived. The whole time she stayed over, she was sleeping all day because she felt so sick and was coughing up a storm. I was pretty annoyed to say the least (considering I had been really sick just two months ago with a cold that lasted 3 weeks and a hurting ribs for weeks after that). I didn't say anything to her though, she did apologize, which was fine, I didn't hold anything against her. I did tell her nicely later in a message to let me know next time she wasn't feeling well, so she could stay home and rest and we could visit another time.

On top of that, my husband sometimes takes her home after she comes down by train and bus. I told him this time that due to needing car maintenance and not having any money until I got paid, to politely decline this time since we're experiencing financial difficulties and in need of car repairs. We are unfamiliar with the city and when we were visiting her sister, we went through two tolls for $12 so I didn't want to chance it since we had no money. My husband thought it was because we went a different way to the city and didn't expect there to be two tolls, but I was furious when he was on his way back with no gas and he expected me to go ask someone for $5 because he didn't listen to my advice to not drive her an hour and a half home and back instead of taking her to the train station. I wish he could just say no.