my friend is a liar ... I'm sure of it ... opinions needed.

JessiNuemonic

JessiNuemonic

ok, I have a friend that likes to lie ... ALOT. recently she claims she got a job as an assistant mngr at a Ralph Lauren store. problem is, she has two misdemeanors and a felony on her permanent record ... how could she have an assistant manager position? how could she be bonded as a keyholder by their insurance company? she also claims to be making $16/hour ... it's in a retail outlet strip mall. is all this true or is it bulls*** like everything else she tells people? I have worked in retail management myself, and have always had to pass a criminal background check for my jobs. thanks.

Ask yourself what is important to you. If it all were true, would you feel jealous that she's earning $16/h? Are you feeling insecure?

Why do you think she would want to lie to you? I know this is very immature what I'm going to suggest to you, but why don't you pay her a visit at her "work"?

• Like 1
tattoomytoe

i know a girl that lies a lot too. it is really annoying, but ity got to the point where you would just listen, not really taking anything as true.

i think with her, she was not getting enough attention. as she has gotten older she has stopped with really out there type lies...but sometimes she still pulls stuff outta her ass.

• Author
JessiNuemonic
Originally posted by Papillon

Ask yourself what is important to you. If it all were true, would you feel jealous that she's earning $16/h? Are you feeling insecure?

Why do you think she would want to lie to you? I know this is very immature what I'm going to suggest to you, but why don't you pay her a visit at her "work"?

Having friends who don't feel the need to disrespect me by lying to me is what is important to me. I'm not insecure, just the opposite, in fact. I respect myself enough to weed out people like that.

UPDATE:

The stories she has told mutual friends are different than the one she told me. She told them she is a supervisor in the women's dept. She told me she was an assistant store manager. Today, she came clean and told me the truth, because I asked a few more detailed questions, and she studdered out that she wasn't actually the assistant manager, but just a supervisor.

I questioned her honesty as I have seen her lie to countless friends, family, and strangers alike, so I have no reason to believe that I would be any different. And, since the stories I was hearing from her other friends did not match the one she told me, I smelled a rat.

She also copies everything I do, from the clothes and perfume I wear to the moisturizer I use. If she sees me buy something, a pair of pants, a piece of jewelry, new sheets, anything, she goes and buys or does the exact same thing ... and I just so happen to be a store manager in a retail establishment. Add it up. What conclusion would you have come to?

You asked why I thought she would want to lie to me, and I have no answer for that. I don't believe in lying to my friends, which is the reason I feel this particular friendship is fast coming to an end.