Lost a friendship to someone who backstabbed me!

Starlett

There are these girls I know. We will call them Amy and Sarah.

Sarah was pissed off because I did not invite her to my birthday. I did not invite her because she did not like one of the girls in this other group of girls I hang out with.

What she did not know was that I was going to do something else with them after. I just did not want any awkwardness or bitchiness in the night so did not merge the two groups together.

Amy also went on about how that same girl Sarah did not like was not her cup of tea either.

You would think Sarah would be happy that I did this. But no she went on about how she felt like second class and that I put her on the back burner because I did not invite her out the first time. I just kept thinking why do you want to hang out with someone you don't like in the first place so badly?

Sarah bags me out to Amy. Not sure if this did happen but Amy's behaviour did change towards me! Amy was fine with me till this happens. I explained to her why I did things this way (even before Sarah got to her) and she seemed to understand it all. I thought.

I felt like I had to apologise to Amy for doing what I wanted to do for my birthday! You would think she would understand and see my side.

Especially when she bitches about Sarah and can see her bad side all the time to me. We both think Sarah is a fake, a liar and a bitch.

I have been distancing myself off Sarah because of this but Amy still hangs out with her regardless and has completely cut me off now!

I do not understand how she would rather hang out with someone who she thinks is a fake and a liar and ditch me as a friend in the process over something so small? :confused:.

Wanting to do something separately with people because of this situation for your birthday is it really that bad of a thing to do?! It was not even a 21st or a 30th or anything. Just an average birthday!

Edited by Starlett
There are these girls I know. We will call them Amy and Sarah.

Sarah was pissed off because I did not invite her to my birthday. I did not invite her because she did not like one of the girls in this other group of girls I hang out with.

Sarah bags me out to Amy. Not sure if this did happen but Amy's behaviour did change towards me! Amy was fine with me till this happens. I explained to her why I did things this way (even before Sarah got to her) and she seemed to understand it all. I thought.

I felt like I had to apologise to Amy for doing what I wanted to do for my birthday! You would think she would understand and see my side.

Especially when she bitches about Sarah and can see her bad side all the time to me. We both think Sarah is a fake, a liar and a bitch.

I have been distancing myself off Sarah because of this but Amy still hangs out with her regardless and has completely cut me off now!

I do not understand how she would rather hang out with someone who she thinks is a fake and a liar and ditch me as a friend in the process over something so small? :confused:.

Wanting to do something separately with people because of this situation for your birthday is it really that bad of a thing to do?! It was not even a 21st or a 30th or anything. Just an average birthday!

That's because they are all fake/shallow [probably you as well], and because Amy badmouthes you off to Sarah as well, behind your back.

How old are you ?

i smell some fakeness in them. maybe their where never your friend.

but maybe what you did , did come across like the second group is the trouble one.

but you can never do it right in such a situation i think.

i once dropped somebody who didn't invite me to an early part of an evening's social, I felt rejected even though she said she'd be along to see me later

it's callled being snubbed its social rejection, I'd have snubbed you too tbh

• Author

Darkmoon

I was not rejecting them. I was just simply making different plans with them. There is a difference! I just did not want Sarah to cause trouble when the two groups merged because I have seen her do that in the past with other people.

But why make such a big deal about it? I mean there is a girl they do not like in the other group. I was trying to make things easier for everyone on the night organising things that way.

Ladybugz

I can see why they would think that but I did not mean for them to think that way. I just wanted everyone to enjoy themselves and have no drama or awkwardness on the night. At least this made me see who my real friends were and realise that I did celebrate my birthday with the right people in the end. I ended up having to cancel my plans with the other girls because of all the bitchiness surrounding the whole thing.

Radu

I get more fakeness from Sarah. I think Amy plays along with whatever Sarah does. Always agrees with what she does and do what she does where as I do not.

I am not like those girls at all. They are good company but I do my own thing also and I don't let Sarah pull things on me. When she sees that, she bags me out and puts me down to my face! :rolleyes::mad:. Have started distancing myself from her because of that. Don't need that ****.

Us girls are in between mid 20's and early 30's. Just can not believe stuff still goes on like this, even at this age.

Edited by Starlett

Radu

I get more fakeness from Sarah. I think Amy plays along with whatever Sarah does. Always agrees with what she does and do what she does where as I do not.

You're not really making a good case for Amy, that's also being shallow.

I am not like those girls at all. They are good company but I do my own thing also and I don't let Sarah pull things on me. When she sees that, she bags me out and puts me down to my face! :rolleyes::mad:. Have started distancing myself from her because of that. Don't need that ****.

That's very good, the distancing part.

Us girls are in between mid 20's and early 30's. Just can not believe stuff still goes on like this, even at this age.

I think you need better aquaintances.

Maybe Sarah was mad that you chose to invite the girl she does not like, rather than simply making separate plans with her and inviting Sarah instead. Kinda like you chose the other girl over her.

Anyway, seems like you made the right choice in not inviting her. Life is too short to put up with that crap.

• Author

SpiralOut

I can understand your point and why she could have thought that way. She did not tell me to not invite the girl she did not like.

It was like she just wanted to go just to be smug and act like 'I am too good for this' around my other friend she did not like possibly. I do not know why she made such a big deal about things. If it were me and I were her, I would have been happy that I did not have to hang around with someone I did not like!

I do think the whole thing is a bit stupid. Especially since I was going to make other plans with her and other girls anyway.

She was acting like I had specifically singled her and Amy out when I did not at all.

There were two other girls I was going to invite to do something else with, within this group, including them also. No one else seemed to mind at all, till Sarah opened her trap and started bad mouthing me about the whole thing.

Had to cancel this group's thing because of that cause I knew no one would end up showing up in the end because of Sarah. She did act smug when she knew that I had though. Roll eyes. I was not going to plan something that no one was going to show up to.

It had really felt like she had been messing with me in that situation and that was not cool!

These girls were all part of Sarah's group also so know never to go down that road again and just plan things with my real friends.

Oh I know for sure that I had definitely made the right decision about this! Over these kind of people's BS.

Edited by Starlett