friends smoking

My two best friends started smoking and almost all my friends I hang out with are now smoking. I am now unable to hang out with them and they say I am boring because I dont smoke or hang out with them anymore. I cant handle the smoke and the smell and get difficulty in breathing. I dont know what to do because I always hang out at their apartment and now I leave when they are smoking. I dont want to be an as***** when they smoke so I leave but they know how it affects me but I dont want to ruin their fun so I always leave. What should I do because now am mostly lonely and I dont want to tamper with our friendship

You need to find new friends. They wont stop, and if you don't want to start then that is your decision. If they were good friends, they would hang out with you separately from when they want to smoke. You can ask them to hang out doing something else outside of there apartment.

Finding new friends doesnt mean completely losing this friendship however, it just means that you dont have similar ideas of fun anymore and you want to hang out with people who do stuff that you like. Hope I helped!

• Like 1

You can't really ask them to stop, so you'll have to work around it. Invite your friends to your place instead. Or invite them to hang out at non-smoking establishments. Or plan lots of outdoor activities.

You're okay to be around them if they're smoking outside, right? I mean, it's not like a few cigarettes create a giant cloud of smoke. You could just, like, take a few steps away from the smokers?