Jealous friend...

elf_maiden

I have been friends with a girl who's a year older than since my childhood. We are like sisters to eachother. But lately she has been envying me over things like my car, guys and stuff. She's been telling lies just to hurt me and put me in trouble. I don't know what I'm gonna do. Break things off? She's also my mom's younger cousin. And we'll be still in contact through her. Can anyone tell what I must do?

bluechocolate

Have you talked to her about your feelings and her behaviour? Maybe she's having a hard time about something and resents your "happiness"? Perhaps she doesn't see it the same way as you do and needs to understand that her envy and lies are damaging your relationship?

Whatever her reasons, telling lies about you is unacceptable and you should tell her so. Try and meet up with her - just the two of you - in a neutral space and just ask her out-right what is going on. If you feel unable to do that then back off - stop calling her, seeing her, etc. And then if she asks why you're giving her the cold shoulder she'll have given you the opportunity to talk about it.