What is with this girl?

orionboxing

Maybe some girls here can explain something that happened to me this weekend.

I have been to this gift shop near my town twice within the past three months. Once around Christmas for a gift, and the other time this weekend for fun because it was connected to a place I was eating at.

At this gift shop works a girl who seems to have a few mutual friends of mine, although we haven’t met before. Both times I’ve been in the store, I’ve always been really nice to her and we just make small talk. She seems like a great person – but this woman is married and has three children (she told me so), and I have no interest in pursuing a relationship with her as she is completely off limits. I’m not attracted to her either…I’m just nice to her and she's nice to me and that’s all.

Well this weekend, I asked what her last name was and she told me.

Late last night, I tried to look her up on FB to add her as a friend but when I clicked her profile it comes up as an error/hidden. I have another FB account attached to a skiing group that I run and via that account her profile is available to look at it.

It seems that she found out what my last name was via the receipt I left, found me on FB, and blocked ME from viewing her account. I’ve never flirted with this woman and never said anything bad to her. I don’t come off as creepy, or shady, and I’m always well dressed. Not to sound arrogant, but people have always told me that I’m handsome…I come off well to people.

Any ideas as to why this person may have blocked me? Does SHE think I’m flirting with her? Is she trying to hide something? I’m left baffled.

You say you don't like the girl, haven't flirted or anything in that nature. So I must ask the same question.. Why do you care? But instead of just giving that answer I can also say, she probably felt it to be best. If you don't really know her, don't have feelings for her (even a minor crush), and don't intend on pursuing her leave it alone.

• Author

I think it's because I value friendship and being cordial to others. Even though this person is not really close to me at all....how you are perceived makes or breaks a lot of what you want to accomplish in your life.

This was a person I thought was really nice, so it sort of hurts to have this happen.

She might have felt uncomfortable with you asking for her last name. People don't usually ask that question unless they have a specific reason for wanting to know....

• Like 1
  • Author
O_O

You must get hurt a lot in life...she is a stranger, move on.

Unnecessary comment. I never took a jab at you.