What wrong with my ex and my best friend?? Everything!!!

She's Come Undone

She's Come Undone

My ex bf and I dated for 1 1/2 years, most of it was a rollarcoaster ride, with more downs than ups. In that time I finally found someone I could consider my best friend and she was there to listen about my pain and suffering. I finally got sick of his mood swings and other crap and broke up with him shortly after I moved out of his house into my own (our living together was a temporary situation, although at one time I wanted to stay permanently.) After we broke up he was mad, couldn't see why, even got mad at my best friend thinking she was encouraging me to buy my own house.

A year and a half later she has come to me letting me know that she wants to date him, apparently not remembering what I went through, apparently forgetting how badly he treats his ex before me, apparently not caring.

Did I mention we all work for the same department of only 30+ employees?

He dated one girl while she was still a grad student, then she became full-time. Then we dated, me having no knowledge that he had dated my now-co-worker. After I found out it was real awkward for me, something I eventually got used to. Now he's on to #3.

I feel something bad, but I don't know what bothers me the most. I know it's not any feelings I have toward him, because those are long gone. Is it that it took me so long to find a friend and now things will never be the same? Is it the gut feeling that he's using her to get a reaction from me? I know she deserves what she gets, but I didn't deserve this!!!! Help?!

hurtingandconfused

Sometimes no matter how much you warn the other person it will hardly make a difference. People need to experience things on their own. Trail and error. You have assured us that you are completely over him. Now you have nothing to worry about because you tried to warn your friend. If you are okay with them dating give her your blessing.

but I didn't deserve this!!!! Help?!

What do you need help on?

• Author
She's Come Undone

I guess he's taken so much from me, I should not be surprised when he went after my best friend. He always did have to have the last cutting remark. It also just blows my mind that he's now dated 3 members of the same small staff.

Today is full staff meeting where we will all be, no this won't be uncomfortable.

My other help issue was, right now I don't care if her and I ever talk again, how can this NOT affect our relationship?