She gets depressed and blames me...

Saz_angel

My friend has recently found the 'love of her life' and spends nearly every weekend with him. We used to go out together clubbing but now she doesn't go out anymore - the last time she did she was in tears and left early (all because her boyfriend disliked it).

She has recently been invited out by our friends and has declined all invites because she is going to see her boyfriend.

She denies that she would make her friends second best and just recently she has made it known to me that I have upset her.

She says "I feel like you don't talk to me like you used to" and that we aren't as close as we used to be. Yet we met up a week ago which she cut short because she had to go home yet I never got upset with her about it.

I want to tell her how I feel but I just know that she is going to deny it or get upset even more so.

But its my fault. I'm exhausted as I'm going through a fair bit myself I haven't spoken to anyone about how I feel but she has revealed to me before that she suffers with depression.

I don't want to be selfish but I'm not sure I can be of any help to her as what she is saying makes me feel rubbish and guilty.

I am meant to be meeting up with her soon for a catch up but I'm not sure whether to leave what she said or to confront her...

Edited by Saz_angel