What do you think!

JackJackSparrow

JackJackSparrow

Hey everyone,

Just in the last year or two i can feel ive slowly been losing my influence and my place in my group of friends.

It feels like its slowly ebbing away day by day. I'll find out they've been going out and doing stuff and i havn't received an invite, every weekend when we go out to the clubs im always the one chasing up the info of where everyone is going, and they rarely rarely contact me, im always the one contacting them now whereas before it was a 2 way thing.

Whenever we do hang out i feel like im on the side lines trying to get in on everything, like im just tagging along and not really important - like no one really cares as if im there or not. Im not sure where things went wrong or why its like this but im feeling like a second class citizen and feeling quite isolated.

Anyone whose been through this or any thoughts would be appreciated!

Oh Jack, I"m not sure how old you are but in life, this will happen. Maybe one night you offended someone and you are completely unaware. Maybe they are just jerks. One way or another, find other interests. As I got older, my friends circle got smaller and smaller as people got married, etc. I just expanded my circle by doing things I wouldn't normally do like hashing (it's a beer drinking running/walking group that's crazy fun, look it up) and finding "meet up" groups. You will meet a bunch of new people and as you run back into your old friends... they will want to tag along with you on your new adventures.

I've been that friend a few times and sad to say I think that this is just a fact of life. People are always changing and it sucks to be the one left out when they outgrow you.

All we can do is just keep on going, be ourselves and find new friends along the way. That's the best we can do, I suppose :/

• Like 1