Our we still friends?

Hi everyone,

Lately I have met this very attractive girl at my university and we were getting alone just find. Having lunch together, laughing and playing with each other having a good time. But things have change since our little miss understand we had a few weeks ago. I wanted to take her out and but she never return my call only to find out the next day that she was a liar. Why I said she is a liar because the next day she then told me that she had called then turn around and say she was just kidding that she didn’t. I then said ok and went along my way; boy was I angry for that! The next day we were talking and joking around until the conversation had lead to a bad ending when she said that she doesn't want to get involve with any person where I live because it would destroy her future. After that I told her that I would not be seeing her anymore since I will destroy her life. She was upset when I said that and asks me what she did to deserve this. I said deserve what and went my way. After a week or so she was back with her old male friends walking pass me with out saying anything. This was going on for like 2 weeks, so I decide that this was not the mature way to handle the situation, so I decide to make the first move in apologizing for the way I had broke off with her since we both are Christians. I had met her on the net and apologize to her. She said that she had already forgiven me and that everything was ok. I told her why I reacted that way because I thought we had more than just friendship and when she said that getting involve with someone in my area will destroy her life had gave me the impression that I was one of those persons. I then ask her if she was angry and she replied that she was not angry but upset that I never did ask why she didn't wanted to get involve. So I ask her why then and she replied that she didn't wanted to get involve that when she is finish with her courses she will have to leave and therefore would not like to start something that had no future. I said ok but next time I invite you out and you cannot make it please return the call and say you can't. She said that my invitation was not carve in stone (it was not official), but next time she would do that. After that I told her I miss her smile and she said she would let me see it again. But lately I have been getting to little of that now. We don't see each other like we did one time. I mean she would come to me and start a conversation and then ask me what we were having to lunch, even sometimes when I not feeling to well she would come and chare me up, I mean doing things for me without asking. Now I don’t get any of that now, plus I don't even see her on the net. But lately she had met a new male friend of hers and he hangs with her most of the time. But she still has her usual male friends she walks around. But she doesn't spend anytime with me at all. I mean even if we are friends and her new male friend was her boyfriend why would she have to stop talking to me. I mean it’s very strange. Like this week, I sat next to her and she began talking to me and asks me if I was taking her to lunch. I told her that I was going to place that’s good and if you want to come no problem. She never hesitated and after our lunch together we were laughing having a good time and I mean she was doing most of the talking. I feel like the only person she has cut off cause she stills hangs around with her old friends, but with me it’s like and on an off thing we have. Are we still friends or not? I mean she doesn't hesitate to talk to me and sometimes i do a little flirting without her disapproval although she has a new male friend which she spends more time with. I know from experience when you really tell a girl how you feel about her she will move away from you after if she is not interested, but i haven't got all mush with words with her and thats the strange thing about it plus i don't often compliment her like the rest of her male friends. I know I should move on but I would like to move on understanding what had went wrong so I wouldn’t fall into that situation again. A women’s perspective would be appreciative. Thanks and sorry for the long write up!

tattoomytoe

yeah you are friends....you do not pay for her lunch when y'all go out i hope.

just sounds like y'all are nothing more than friends, and that you over reacted to her not calling you back, i think.