plz read ! SHOULD I PAY OR SHOULD I LEAVE?????

worriedinside

worriedinside

this could be a long post so i am just gonna cut to the chase! I am a 21 yr divorced female who moved into a 2 bdr apt with my bestfriend and her sister about a year and a half ago ,I met my boyfriend about a year ago and pretty much moved in with him about 9 mnths ago, during this time the my two roomates decided since i now live with them we need a 3bdr instead of 2 which was fine so they found a place and we moved although i never stay with them I still continue to dish out rent money to them every month and the only reason i do so is because i wanted to have a fallback in case something happened with me and my boyfriend so i continued to pay ! Well I recently got a new car and a great new ins amount so I realize the rent I am paying is pretty much going down the drain ! My prob now is that I am afraid of hurting the girls feeling cuz the only reason they moved is because of me and they don't have the extra money to make up for my half of the rent so I feel like I should stay but yet it is causing me to be in a small financial bind. My bestfriend recently got a boyfriend and since i don't stay at our house anymore we never really speak unless she calls me for the rent,which she did yesterday and when I told her I didn't have it and I wasn't sure what i should do she asked "was i ever going to be able to pay rent " I told her I wasn't sure and she came back with "well if your not I need to know so we can move cause that is the only reason we have a 3bdrm is because of you" and she kind of hurt my feeling ! So i don't know what to do I am just confused all over I hope someone can give me some direction ! Should I just go get my stuff and stop wasting my money or should I stay so I don't put them in a bind? I could stay but I have to be so tight with my money that I can barely stand up ! Is she wrong for not understanding or am I the one who doesn't understand??

You have a choice either to strap yourself financially or risk losing friends over money. I think if you were to talk with them and explain you can no longer afford to pay rent at a place you no longer live they may understand. Esp if you can pay for another 30 days while they look for another roommate. Don't let them guilt you into financial ruin.

tattoomytoe

try subletting to someone...or have them suggest it to some people they know.

I once found myself in a similar situation. It is tough. You have to weigh your bf and your gfs.

You can also look at it from the perspective that if you burn your gfs over money, they may be more likely to fogive you....

It seems like you have a really busy life...it might do you some good to simplifiy it. Take everything slowly and think it through...it's rough on the gfs because they did move for you, but on the flip side, I'm sure you weren't expecting to move in with the bf either.

Good luck. Do what is best for you, in a thoughtful way, of course.