Guy friend telling me to be nice

Similar

Hi. I'm a mid 20's woman and this is my very dearest friend, he's an 'older' guy and I rarely meet him; we chat online a lot, or text or play games online (sometimes irl too). I've known him for years.

There is a few things he does that makes me a little annoyed.

Mostly this:

Everytime I say something "bad" even in a funny or ironic way he tells me to be nice or kind or polite. And I'm not bad, I care for people a lot and he knows that, I wouldn't hurt a fly and am rarely "mean" to people.

He's not religious but he doesn't say bad things about people.. often. That don't make him an angel however. And he can't take any form of conflict.

I just don't understand why he has to tell me to be nice, I feel like a child when he does this, like he's my big brother. Plus, what I say doesn't deserve any "be nice!" comments in the first place..

I guess I can stick the - ever so persistent vision of us two cuddling up infront of a fire place in the bin... ? (if I asked him he would probably just pretend like he'd gone blind for a while or joke about it)

Edited by Similar

Youre both adults. Tell him you are being nice, ask him if he cant take a joke. it already looks like you two arent on the same page when it comes to humor. You have to hash this out before picturing any cuddling in front of a fire.