I friend zoned here but doubting it now

Microg

1st of hey everyone. Wall of text coming in.

K so i met this girl at a club about 1 month ago, anyway me and her hit up pretty good conversation wise, i got her number and we texted everyday since, during this peroid she said she was going out looking for friends with benefits, etc.

One night out i was convinced by friends to make a move since she was constantly coming my way (i was a bit wasted at the time but wanted to do it anyway) and she said she liked me but wanted to talk when I'm sober. Next day she confesses she wanted to kiss me but there where to many people around so i went ahead and said we should "try" things out. I struggled to get her out with me one night (was about 3-4 days of trying to plan/get her out) but eventually got her to join. I think the night went well even though we ended up at the club again and with no kiss, just a hug good-bye. Anyway during all of this there where days when she seemed keen and other days where she just didn't show any interest (mind games?) even after the "going out" so i pretty much got fed up and yesterday told here this with her response:

Me: Been thinking nd the more i think about it the more awkward/weird a feel about it, i think we should just stay alcohol buddies nd try nothing

She changed her status before replying to "whatever! :mad:"

Her: sounds good, we wouldn't really work out

Me: Agreed u better as a friend anyway

Her: Well i reckon you wouldv been one sexy ass bf, but im so lazy with relationships this lately also you could choose anyone.

Is she just trying to drop me down kindly? i really don't like chicks that play mind games (i know guys do it to) and really thinking of just moving on, or is she actually interested? or is she just looking for a fck buddy? I wanna text her today that if she does like me then we should do something before either one of us regret it later but don't know if i should since she actually is a awesome friend to hang with.

EDIT: Could someone move this to the correct section if its in the wrong place, thanks :)

Edited by Microg
Not sure if its the correct forum area for this.
  • Author

Thanks for the reply and I agree, my friends say I become a insecure mess as soon as some girl shows interest in me. I've always had this problem where I can get a girl to like me 8/10 times but I can never finish it because I become insecure.

What would you suggest I do in this current situation? I feel that I need to back off (completely) but don't really want to cause I actually do like her.