Vent

DontWorryBHappy

DontWorryBHappy

So I have a friend that is a very touchy feely sort of person. Whenever I'm around him and other people he is always touching them in various ways.. playing with their hair, rubbing their back, cuddling, etc. Some people he does this with more than others. Last night I was watching a movie with him and his female roommate. He was constantly rubbing her legs, putting his feet on her, resting his head on her shoulder, all while I'm just sitting there. Whenever the movie got to a scary part they would grab on to each other and I'm still there staring at the screen. The girl has a boyfriend, my friend and her have been friends for years, and he does similar things with other people. I'm just not as much of a touchy feely person so Im not like that around him, but I can't help but feel like a third wheel when I'm around it. its even to he point where if I do try to hug my friend or something, he feels all weird about it because he says we just aren't on that "level".

Its just annoying and I start to feel oddly left out. It makes me feel like ill never be as close to him as his other friends because that seems to be a way that he gets close to friends, which is weird to me, but again.. I'm not much of a touchy person. If I was rubbing a guys back and legs during a whole movie its likely because I have feelings for him. So with regular friends I'm more chill and most often don't even hug goodbye or anything. just feels weird and cheesy, just how it feels when I watch my friend do it all day.

Edited by DontWorryBHappy

If you're not a touchy-feely person then you shouldn't care, and should be thankful your friend realizes that and doesn't bother you.

But you seem to care. Are you sure you're not jealous?

• Author
DontWorryBHappy

Nah, not jealous. I don't want any part of all that touchy feely-ness. Its just not how I interact with friends. But its annoying when he does it to the point where I'm not even acknowledged. They can grope each other all they want when I at least have another person to chill with.. Anyway I figured that from now on ill just avoid those situations where ill be likely to feel excluded. And things will be just fine.