Feeling bad for offending a friend.

We all used to be in the same group of friends but two of the girls ended up not liking one other girl in the group.

It had nothing to do with me so still hang out with all of them. Just separately. All good.

My birthday comes around which makes things a bit awkward so decide to do things separately again and have two birthdays in two different set groups.

One of the girls in the other group gets offended she was not included with that group.

The thing I don't understand is why make a big deal about not getting invited? I was going to do something else on another day with the other group. Why would she want to hang out with a girl she does not like?

I had planned something with them but ended up canceling cause no one seemed interested. Probably because this girl was bad mouthing me (she has before) going on about how I should have just had one party and involve everyone in it.

My choice it was my birthday after all!

I just thought having two separate things would keep the peace between a couple of people who do not like each other that's all.

I did not want drama and awkwardness. Just for people to enjoy themselves and have a good time.

I apologised. I mentioned I never intended for her to feel that way. I thought you guys would rather hanging out with people you get along better on another night. That is all.

I felt like I had to explain my actions to her. Like I had done something wrong.

Doubt she took in what I said because the response I got after was...

That she felt like she was second class and felt like she got put on the back burner. She was then like don't worry about it. Just wanted to let you know how I felt.

None of the other girls in that group had any problems with it.

Do understand her feeling a bit left out because we all used to be friends but if people do not get along I am not going to force them to hang out together. Mention this to her also.

I don't know why she would even want to hang out with someone she does not like so badly? She is making something out of nothing. Just find it all a bit odd!

Edited by Kimbra