Dealing with friends boyfriend.

My friend and her boyfriend. When I go out with them. After a couple of drinks, he sometimes seems to loose control and it totally ruins our night.

They are from out of town. They have to stay at my place when they come visit me, which is in the City.

It was scary when he got pissed because my friend said hello to a random guy who said hello to her, they did not even stop to talk, did not even flirt, he walked out of the Pub in a huff and left without telling us where he was going, they were supposed to be staying at mine and he had no where else to go, we had to follow him out and convince him to come back to with my friend and I.

It was scary when he drove back to mine like a mad man, I thought we were going to get into some kind of accident. Apparently he has done that before when angry. Like it is some form of an intimidation tactic. I acted completely calm the whole time and did not react. Even though I was freaking out a bit inside.

I do not like feeling like that when I hang out with people. They are fine when they are in their own home but I do not want them coming to the City to visit me again. Maybe when I go back their way I can just hang out with both of them back there or something.

My friend is fine on her own also. I tried to get her to come to my birthday recently on her own and she ended up canceling. It will be interesting to see if she says yes to coming to see me on her own next time.

Normally I do not have a problem hanging out with couples but if the boyfriend is gonna act all insecure and ruin a good night out every time... Not sure what to do about it.

This part really concerns me

After a couple of drinks, he sometimes seems to loose control and it totally ruins our night

It was scary when he got pissed because my friend said hello to a random guy who said hello to her, they did not even stop to talk, did not even flirt, he walked out of the Pub in a huff and left without telling us where he was going, they were supposed to be staying at mine and he had no where else to go, we had to follow him out and convince him to come back to with my friend and I.

It was scary when he drove back to mine like a mad man, I thought we were going to get into some kind of accident. Apparently he has done that before when angry. Like it is some form of an intimidation tactic. I acted completely calm the whole time and did not react. Even though I was freaking out a bit inside.

Was he drinking that night? And he drove? Next time, take a cab or subway/bus!

The guy is an idiot and i'm sure your friend knows he's got anger issues and gets jealous. Do talk to her about it, without putting on her or making her feel bad, you can say next time maybe it'll be more fun to have girl time without him there.