Friendship & insecurities

Perplexingana

Perplexingana

This post is probably going to be really long. I have been best friends with this girl I know for over 10 years now. At the beginning of the year I started dating a mutual friend she met through me 2 years previous. He became a big part of our social circle and well, I was shunned by her and my ex boyfriend while I was with him. Here's what went down: my boyfriend " S" and I had been dating for four years before I dated the guy at the beginning of this year "D." Well, I fell out of love with "S" and we broke up towards the end of last year and then I started to be with "D" when I told my best friend she was pissed because not only would I be hurting "S" but I suppose I hurt her feelings too because she actually liked "D" too which I found about when I told her I was going to be his girlfriend. I understand more why "S" would of been hurt and less why she was so hurt. I am writing this to set a frame of events. I dated "D" until March of this year when he broke up with me, losing "S" was a big burden on our relationship and there were other reasons but that was his primary issue. After the break up my best friend was there for me, she came and picked me up and spent time with me the day after we broke up, this is after 3 months of almost no communication. During the 3 month period I got closer to a mutual friend of my best friend and he and I hung out off and on during this period which didn't sit well with her.

We are all talking again "S" and I are friends again and well my best friend and I were too but things have started to change. "D" is still my friend but he is shunned by my entire group now. Anyhow, my best friend has a lot of insecurities she feels that I am trying to steal her friend because we hang out apart from her, he and I don't even feel right posting our hang outs on Facebook because it might stir up troubles with her. Ever since "D" our relationship has been pins and needles. Her and I have had our issues in the past as well but this has got to be the worst of it all. She has excluded me from hang outs with her including her birthday, and tonight she is with "S" and our mutual friend at her house and I once again was not invited, it used to be that I would be included unless I worked or at least I would be invited but now she has just avoided me. On her birthday "S" had gone out of town for a trip because their birthdays are two days apart and we were supposed to all get together on the weekend well at least that is what my mutual friend told me, she didn't invite me to her birthday, I had to text and ask her what she was doing and even then she just mentioned her plans and didn't invite me. I feel insulted and hurt by all this and I believe it is all over these insecurities and her personal narcissism.

I'm writing about this now because she invited me to lunch tomorrow, I agreed to go only because she reached out I was going to just let things go to **** and just forget about even being friends with her anymore unless she reached out. I am just so hurt because she could of had "S" or our mutual friend pick me up for either occasion and instead decided to just leave me out.

What is the most constructive way to handle this? Should I try to work things out with her again? I don't really want to lose the friendship all together but if her insecurities and jealousness continues I don't know how much of this I can take. I often have a good amount of luck finding boyfriends and she seems to have trouble in that area so I think she is jealous of me for a lot of reasons.

I just don't know how to treat this tomorrow or if I should even care anymore. How do you deal with these issues among friends?