touchy feely friend but not with me?

DontWorryBHappy

DontWorryBHappy

My good friend is a touchy feely sort of guy (I'm a girl). with some of the other girls that he's friends with, there is more physical affection between them. Like, he will rest his head on their shoulders, hold their hands and things of that nature, cuddle with them, but not really with me. On the other hand, he's said that he has told me personal things that he hasn't told them, and that he is comfortable around me and can be himself in a different way than the others. so then why is he not affectionate toward me too? Sometimes it makes me feel like he doesn't like me as much as them and doesn't notice me as much.

He probably likes you more than you realize and for him to be carefree with his other friends that are girls, means nothing. they are just friends and he isn't into them, they aren't into him that way either, so it's easy to be affectionate and huggy with others when there's nothing to it.

You could just come out and ask him? Or why not lean in and give him a hug. See how he reacts?

he has told me personal things that he hasn't told them, and that he is comfortable around me and can be himself in a different way than the others.

Has he actually told you he doesn't talk to the other girls on personal level like he does with you?

• Author
DontWorryBHappy

yeah, he has told me personal things about himself that he said he has told virtually no one, including one of his roommates that he is always super cuddly with. And he's made comments about how he can act more silly around me and stuff, saying "I only act this way around you". But then at a party or other event, it sometimes seems like he doesn't notice me and is really affectionate with all these other people. I know for a fact he doesn't like me as more than a friend (we've discussed all that before). So last night at a dinner with friends it was the same.. I felt like I barely talked to him the whole night. So I brought it up afterward and he told me he didn't know what I was talking about.

Do you like him more than a friend? If so and it seems like it, and he's already told you that he doesn't like you that way, you're just a friend - Him not cuddling you or hugging you, being affectionate is his way of keeping his distance from you so you won't get attached to him or read into a hug. Let's say he started hugging you, touching you and leaning on your shoulders like he does with his other friends.. Chances are, you're gonna think there's more to it than there is. He senses that you "like" him and he doesn't want to lead you on or give you hope.