Am I Missing Something?

allgap121

I have recently had a fall out with my best friend and I don't understand her reasoning.

Background: She was in a relationship for a year or so with a guy that was not interested in moving to the next level with her. She did not understand why and asked me to try to talk to him and find out what really happened.

I thought I was being a good friend by calling him up for his expertise in the auto arena to lead into a conversation about what really happened between them. He flat out told me things got a little clingy and weird. I thanked him for his time and proceeded to tell my friend what he said.

As I'm telling her things she kept interjecting and asking me questions that I couldn't really answer. Then, I used an example of why he said he couldn't post things on facebook because she would think any pic with any female he must have been cheating. Which she agreed and started yelling at me. I told her to calm down because I'm just the messenger trying to help her get past this guy.

So a week goes by and I haven't heard from her. I call. No answer. So I went by her job to make sure she didn't do anything crazy. She told me that she can't believe I betrayed her the way I did by lying to her about what he said. She called him after we talked and he denied what I told her. Then she accused me of wanting to take him from her (I am already in a wonderful relationship).

So was I wrong for even trying to help her? A month has gone by and I really miss my friend. Do I reach out to her? If so how do I get her to see I care about her and that guy wanted to save face?

Thanks for any advice

Sounds like she flew off the handle for no reason and she wants to believe what she wants to believe. I think you would have gotten the short end of the stick regardless. Mad if you didn't help her and mad if you did (which she is).

• Like 1