Lost contact from friend

LittleDragon456

LittleDragon456

For the past 6 months, I have gotten to be good friends with a guy on Facebook. I admin a Facebook page with a lot of fans on it, so I tend to meet various people from the page and I have made really good friendships with certain fans of mine. He is also a page admin for another page.

This guy in particular is a very sweet person, and I never realized how attached I was to him until last night. He got angry about something (nothing to do with me), and he deactivated his account. This sounds so silly of me, but I almost started crying. He's such a great person, and I just want to talk to him so bad. Last month he added me on his second account. Last night when he deactivated the first one, I was sad, but I though at least I still have contact with him from the second account.

I then soon found out that he deleted me from the second account. And I cannot add him back because we have no mutual friends. He has not posted on his fan page all day. I'm worried about him. We have gotten really close. I know that none of this is my fault, but I wish I could do something about it. I feel devestated.

Is this normal to be so sad about this? I know that it seems so so silly, but we were great friends and we talked often. How can I get my mind off of it?

Also, this guy is not a jerk. He does not get angry easily, and I do not believe that he is mad at me

Edited by LittleDragon456

I don't want to sound negative here...but social networking is an illusion. You can meet so many people, share intimate details, "talk" back and forth, share photos etc...and then in the blink of an eye, they disappear. You've developed some kind of intimate feelings with a person you've never seen, touched, or heard speak in person. You don't even know if that person is who they say they are really. You have to treat it almost like it's a fantasy.

• Author
LittleDragon456

I get where you're coming from, but this guy was legit. I feel like a lost a best friend. I know I realize I sound clingy and ridiculous, and I know online friendships usually are not legit or genuine, but I felt like this one was. It wasn't like him to just up and leave.