LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Friendship

i spent the evening with a homeless guy

Friendship Having issues with a friend? Get it off your chest!

Old 29th March 2004, 3:05 AM   #1

i spent the evening with a homeless guy

ok i just tested my charity and ablity with homeless guys. A homeless guy named Pal just approached me on the street when i went to the store. He talked to me and then we bought a 6 pack, and went to his "basement". Yes this was stupid and dangerous. we talked a bit, i was there for maybe a half hour then we went to the deli and bought sandwiches. He basically was real cool, knows a lot of people. He isnt all that bad and is a good begger, i dnt give up $$ easily, but he pulled it off. Says if i ever need anything he will help me out, go to jail for me or something.

ok, some of the motherly figures on here will yell at me, others will ask questions. Go ahead, this was nuts.
Darkangelism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2004, 3:25 AM   #2
Established Member

Did you tell him about LoveShack and let him know he was welcome to post his relationship problems on the forum?
Tony T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2004, 3:28 AM   #3

No, i only tell people that have electricity....well actually he does, but no computer, let alone a chck. i do tell all my friends. only one has joined .
Old 29th March 2004, 3:30 AM   #4
Established Member

If you're decent, you'll get the homeless guy a computer and a girlfriend. That's the least you can do for a guy who says he'll go to jail for you...if it ever came to that! Cripes!
Tony T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2004, 3:34 AM   #5

i dont have the money or the compassion to do it, i bought him beer and food, and spent 4X the amount that i spent on homeless people in the last year, at great personal risk, i need something in return, more then him going to jail, i want to write a book about him, earn some $$ of it. dont mind me im drunk. Really im happy im didnt get raped in the ass.
Old 29th March 2004, 3:36 AM   #6
Unconfirmed Account

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkangelism
Really im happy im didnt get raped in the ass.
But, if you would have did gotten am raped in the ass, you would have sold more copies of your book.
dyermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2004, 3:38 AM   #7

No cause then i would have killed him in his sleep and wouldnt get to interview him. I think im gonna talk to my african lit professor, talk her into giving me extra credit.
Old 29th March 2004, 3:40 AM   #8
Unconfirmed Account

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkangelism
No cause then i would have killed him in his sleep and wouldnt get to interview him.
If he was raping you, he wouldn't be sleeping

Quote:
I think im gonna talk to my african lit professor, talk her into giving me extra credit.
What's your logic, was the homeless guy black?
Old 29th March 2004, 3:43 AM   #9

after he raped me. yes he was black. well i will write an paper about my experience and not fearing him b/c he is black(a central theme of my class)
Old 29th March 2004, 3:47 AM   #10

Dyer when you get to collegeg, get really drunk then post, cause it is fun. right now im so FUBAR, but dont drink 3 beers in 10 mns with a homesless guy the alcohol goes to your head.
Old 29th March 2004, 3:48 AM   #11
Unconfirmed Account

*DA raises hand*

Teacher, I spent some time with a poor black man, and he didn't sodomize me! He even said he'd go to jail for me, and we know how black people like to go to jail! Hey, would you mind turning my B+ to an A- ?

You're too much.
Old 29th March 2004, 3:50 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally posted by dyermaker
*DA raises hand*

Teacher, I spent some time with a poor black man, and he didn't sodomize me! He even said he'd go to jail for me, and we know how black people like to go to jail! Hey, would you mind turning my B+ to an A- ?

You're too much.

lmao, that might actually work, my prof is crazy,Pal(the homeless guy) is more sane.
Old 29th March 2004, 4:37 AM   #13

crap that dude is good, i had given him my phome number never expecyed him to call, he needed me to pay his cab fare,says he will pay me when he gets his veterns check tomorrow and will pay me back, i doubt it, but the **** was worth it.
Old 29th March 2004, 4:42 AM   #14

well i guess thats what i get for playing liberal and handing out cash...damn i feel used, id rather he rapd me, then at least id have gotten something in return. no more homeless people will get jack from me, im going to play hardass i dont give a F*ck republican and treat them like the S*it they are.
Old 29th March 2004, 9:25 AM   #15

Having had a brief stint as a homeless person myself----

Those homeless people who ask for booze or cash I ignore. Others who ask for help - I will help. I have brought coats and blankets to the 'regulars' that I see downtown. I have bought them a meal. I will never buy booze for anyone, nor go with them to their lair, crib, home, ---whatever you want to call it. That is dangerous! I'm glad that you are okay.

I have sat and talked, and shared a meal, with some homeless people--but we were in public. Many of these street people are mentally ill -- either from genetics or circumstance it doesn't matter, their thinking processes are not functioning properly and probably never will. Some may only be off by a tiny bit -- and their education, vocabulary, reasoning and thinking abilities seem just like anyone elses--until you get to know them and find out that there is one cog in the wheel that is out of kilter and that one cog is what they need to pull themselves off the street and rejoing mainstream society.

Others, like me, have been beaten down by life or circumstance and have hit a bad patch for a while but will pull themselves out--with the help and charity of others. Through shelters and charitable organizations, and individual charity I was able to go from living in a '73 VW bug to owning my own home, working, and writing to you good people now!

I, for one, appreciate the effort and expense and the risk that you took and I hope that you think about what you learned about Pal and about yourself without the influence of others who did not take the same chance.

For some, if you want to get individual stories and talk to people with experiences vastly different from your own -- do some volunteer work at area shelters or food banks. Talk to those who come in and ask for help and then ride along with other volunteers who go out into the streets and try to help those who, for whatever reason, do not come in and seek help for themselves.
HokeyReligions is offline   Reply With Quote