Which way?

ON MY OWN

Just a simple question of which is 'politically' correct or what would 'Ms. Manners do? If a friend gives you food in reuseable tupperware are you supposed to give them back? They are not regular tupperware, they are the ones you can buy in packs at Walmart that arent real pricey. Wondered what the insight was on this! Thank you! Happy Halloween! :)

In my country it is considered polite to give back any container, whatever, let the owner decide if she/he wants to keep it or throw away. Plus we give them back with some other food in them, never empty. Maybe just a little bit, quite simbolically. For example, my friend after a party gave me some meat, some ice cream, and some jam. Three boxes altogether. The ice cream I still have in my fridge, there is a lot and I can't finish it or put in my own box. But I gave back the other two with a handful of berries from my own garden.

• Like 2
In my country it is considered polite to give back any container, whatever, let the owner decide if she/he wants to keep it or throw away. Plus we give them back with some other food in them, never empty. Maybe just a little bit, quite simbolically. For example, my friend after a party gave me some meat, some ice cream, and some jam. Three boxes altogether. The ice cream I still have in my fridge, there is a lot and I can't finish it or put in my own box. But I gave back the other two with a handful of berries from my own garden.

I like this one, I'd wash it and give it back, a small present with it would be nice

• Like 1
  • Author

Ok, that was what I thought, and thanks for the idea of returning something in it. Great idea. Thank you to everyone, sure did appreciate the replies.