LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Friendship

Jealous friend

Friendship Having issues with a friend? Get it off your chest!

Old 31st October 2012, 2:22 AM   #1
Established Member

Jealous friend

Hi everyone,

I find the behaviour of a close friend of mine perplexing. We have known each other for 10 years, we went to both high school and college together. There have been many incidents over the years but there's a few that stick out most. A couple of years ago, I had a doctor's visit and my doc indicated that I might have an irregular heartbeat. I shared this with my close friend, you know to share my personal concerns when we were alone. She started smiling, so much as she couldn't help it. Then that night, later we were at a party not with close friends, she suddenly shared my potential medication concern with everyone, and I felt embarrassed and had to tell people it's just a test. The concern is that whenever I share something difficult about me, she cannot help but beam with pleasure and a big smile. I want to stop talking to such a person, because I only want graceful, genuine, confident friends. Before I do that, I thought I'd come here and get your opinion to make me more aware. I know that this firend is a bit insecure, but I cannot stand her aggressiveness and need to dominate others. Had a similar experience?
blackwidow290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2012, 2:56 AM   #2

The fact he was smiling is very inconsiderate and despairing, as far as friends go.. The fact that he was so at ease at sharing your hardship among other people is very unbecoming of a friend. I'd cut sling and put some distance between you two. You don't need callous people in your life that aren't going to take your serious moments, seriously.
Hawaii50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2012, 5:21 AM   #3
Established Member

get rid of her, she might go thru life like this, but she doesn't have to be your problem, yes, i've known a few people like her, dominant, tell her plain, the friendship is over
darkmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2012, 2:57 PM   #4
Established Member

Never mind that she told everyone, the fact that she seemed pleased that you have a potential health problem is the most immature thing I've ever heard coming from someone who is supposed to be a friend. Get rid of her. I'm surprised you're even thinking otherwise to be honest!
River Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2012, 9:00 PM   #5
Established Member

The smiling part is a big problem. My childhood best friend used to tell others things as soon as I'd tell him. He was a little dishonest & took me for granted. I stopped talking to him for 7 yrs. We started talking again & lately he's been jerking me around, saying he'll help me one minute & then not lifting a finger. I believe he's still exactly who he used to be.

I had another best friend who had trouble with women that I didn't. We used to work together & he'd stare me down when we'd take the train home after work for the entire year I knew him. He'd be totally fine at work & on social outings however. One day he verbally & physically attacked me at work, I now see the stare down thing was a sign of things to come. Whenever you just don't feel right about a friend, drop them. There are other ppl out there.
BklynGuy is offline   Reply With Quote