LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Friendship

Am i too sensitive?

Friendship Having issues with a friend? Get it off your chest!

Old 30th October 2012, 2:08 PM   #1

Am i too sensitive?

Hi,

A good friend of mine asked to make a long distance call from my cellular as I have free calls. Obviously, I agreed. Afterwards, I jokingly said that if I am bored I will phone the person he called and speak to them about him.
About 30 minutes later he remembered that and asked for my phone and deleted the number.
I was very offended. He said that he didn't mean to offend me at all but he doesn't know with me when I am serious and when not.
I told him that I am offended that he doesn't trust me. He said he will enter the number again on my phone...of course i told him not to. I think he really didn't think it will hurt me.

We didn't fight and I have no intention of being angry with him or whatever. But am i just too sensitive? Maybe I was offended coz i kind of like him?

When it happened I immediately thought about my ex who didn't trust me with some things and I never gave him a reason for that. Turns out though that I had every reason not to trust hm.
Jade23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2012, 2:20 PM   #2
Established Member

I would have been offended by that, too---so I don't think it's case of being "too sensitive."
freestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2012, 2:50 PM   #3

He will probably bring it up

tomorrow again. How must I react? I don't want to make a big deal but it hurt me. When he brings it up what should I say? I wonder if i didn't have feelings for him if it would have also hurt me as much.
Jade23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2012, 3:00 PM   #4
Established Member

Well--if you want a friendship based on honesty, and trust, be honest with him about how it made you feel. If you have a close enough friendship with him, tell him about your previous experiences with being falsely/unfairly accused.

Then at least he'll know that it's a sore point for you, and he'll be respectful of your feelings, if your friendship is solid enough.
freestyle is offline   Reply With Quote